X

help! Stock rear fender

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help! Stock rear fender

So the PO of my 99 kat cut my shovel and half the fender off.. So I bought one off of ebay. Now I was looking at it and... it seems the only possible way in hell too get the old one out and new one in is too take the Rear wheel off. Any help or pointers would be appreicated lol I tugged every which way too pull the old one off couldnt do it:P (of course i took the old bolts out first before tugging:P)
    !This Space For Rent!

remove the bolt for the suspension links so the wheel will fall down without removing it..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Why do you want to put a full shovel back on?
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

I dont wanna put a full shovel on. The PO cut all the way up too the storage/battery box. I try not too ride in the rain or near muddy streets but I dont enjoy scrapping hard mud off the bottem of my seat and battery:P The used one I bought for 10 bucks :P has the shovel chopped already and ends at the tail not the battery:P
        !This Space For Rent!

Comment

Or just pull the wheel . Look , all you gotta do is ....
          Take the axle out , roll the wheel forward a bit to get the chain off the sprocket , then roll the wheel out the back . To put it back in you just roll it forward to get the chain back on , get your foot under the wheel to hold it up , and slip the axle back in . No need to readjust anything , as you didn't TOUCH the adjusters . I do it all the freakin time .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

loller ill save it for the winter:P
            !This Space For Rent!

Comment

Originally posted by wingurin
              loller ill save it for the winter:P
              Really man you have spent more time writing about it then I will take to do the work. Just get is done
              sigpic

A Fine is a Tax you pay for doing wrong!
              A Tax is a Fine you pay for doing well!

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u214/Chuckwick357/

Comment

what teddy said is probably the easiest way to do it.
                Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                -Terence

Comment

I doubt it . When I removed MY links , they were TIGHT . I ended up pretty much getting everything else out of the way first , THEN pulling the bolts off the swingarm , and it STILL was a PITA . I say it's WAY easier to just pull the wheel , and takes all of 5 minutes .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I had the same problem when I first started pulling things off, I removed mine by deflating the rear tire to a near flat state, and it pulled right out easily....

Comment

Working...
                    X