X

hayabusa cowl

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hayabusa cowl

is it possible to shave the seat on a 06 kat to fit a hayabusa's rear cowl, and i was wondering if a gsxr's swing arm would fit on the kat so that i could get 180's or 190's on the back???
    06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

the gsxr swing arm will not fit, you can put a 180 on a 4.5 rim from a 98+ Katana.

PD. I know everyone will say that is not safe, bla,bla,bla,,, but the fact is that I now a lot of people running 180 on their 98+ Katana without any problem

Comment

Re: hayabusa cowl

Originally posted by Bigbody45
      is it possible to shave the seat on a 06 kat to fit a hayabusa's rear cowl, ???
      I have a better idea for ya. Any good with fiberglass? use the busa cowl as a mold. Set it on the seat, wrap it all with cellophane and start fiberglassing. A little plastic filler, trimming and sanding, and paint, voila, you have a cowl....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

sorry to jack the thread..

but i was wondering the same thing about the metzeler 180/60/zr17, i was wanting to put it on my 06' katana stock rims. so you all are saying it wouldnt be a problem at all. cause i really dont want to buy this tire and it not fit? thanks
        06' Zuki Katana 750
        Vance and Hines Full Exhaust

Comment

I think crazymofo from down under did this.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Clintb
            sorry to jack the thread..

but i was wondering the same thing about the metzeler 180/60/zr17, i was wanting to put it on my 06' katana stock rims. so you all are saying it wouldnt be a problem at all. cause i really dont want to buy this tire and it not fit? thanks

See this thread!
            Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: hayabusa cowl

Originally posted by teddy
              Originally posted by Bigbody45
              is it possible to shave the seat on a 06 kat to fit a hayabusa's rear cowl, ???
              I have a better idea for ya. Any good with fiberglass? use the busa cowl as a mold. Set it on the seat, wrap it all with cellophane and start fiberglassing. A little plastic filler, trimming and sanding, and paint, voila, you have a cowl....

Im thinking of doing this now, thanks for the idea Ted. This way, I can mold it the way I want it (1 off piece, never to be recreated).
              It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Let us know how you make out

Comment

Working...
                X