X

center stand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• center stand

Hey whats up all!!! I'm thinking of removing my center stand, try to make it look more clean shavin.
    2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
    vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
    JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

Lot of Kats have undergone this surgery...If you won't miss it....go ahead,
    She'll lose some weight in the process...

Comment

I like my center stand , I used it alot this weekend .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I wouldn't give up my centerstand unless I had a set of front & rear race stands lying around... It's wonders are often overlooked (working on the bike's rear end & suspension, oil changes, plus the less obvious "keeping kids from knocking it over when they crawl on it at the mall", etc). Is a 12 lb weight savings worth it?

Whatever you do, don't sell it for a while... keep it around in case you change your mind!

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I never use it, the dealer showed me how but I cant seem to get the hang of it. I spent more then a few hours in my drive way rockin it back and forth lookin like some kind of excited kid....
          I like what I see without it there but either way I'll keep it around. Next to the passenger pegs,stock sprokets,those bars on the back.

Comment

hey poet I saw your page about cheap upgrades for kats.
            Where do you get that oil, the castrol race?

Comment

Originally posted by QuickKat
              I never use it, the dealer showed me how but I cant seem to get the hang of it. I spent more then a few hours in my drive way rockin it back and forth lookin like some kind of excited kid....
              The Dealer obviously showed you the wrong way to get a bike on the center stand then....Get off the bike stand to the left side of it...keeping the bike balanced with your left hand on the left handle bar......Grab the rear of the bike with your right hand where the bar sticks out from under the rear fairing...take your right foot and press down on the center stand peg...lift up on the rear of the bike with your right hand...This takes some practice to get used to but is by far the easiest way i have found to get the bike up...it helps to have someone on the other side of the bike the first couple times you do it until you can do it by yourself fluently just in case you happen to lose the bikes balance.
              As Cyberpoet stated center stands are a must have if you do any kind of maintanence yourself....unless like he said you have front and rear stands for it.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by QuickKat
                hey poet I saw your page about cheap upgrades for kats.
                Where do you get that oil, the castrol race?
                My local dealer carries it, or I get him to get some for me when I need it.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I'd like to get rid of it since it ain't pretty but I use it almost daily...it's one of the now rare features about the Kat that make me smile.
                  I've decided instead to pretty it up.
                  Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

yeah, i'd never get rid of mine..its way too handy for maint. and baths for the Kat..one of the great features that alot of other sport riders wish they had.

Comment

I have to agree I use mine daily when parking in tha garage... also it does take some pracite getting it up on the stand.. I like to put my left hand on the handle bar and the right grabbing the passenger handle and make sure both sides of the stand are touching the ground then I put all my weight down on the stand while pulling up in the back and rearward in the front.. works everytime.. took some time to get used to doing it now I can do it like nobody's business.
                      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

alright I'll give it a shot before I finally decide.
                        thanx

Comment

Originally posted by BeekMan
                          I'd like to get rid of it since it ain't pretty but I use it almost daily...it's one of the now rare features about the Kat that make me smile.
                          I've decided instead to pretty it up.
                          Maybe chrome??
                          Bike is sold

Comment

I wouldnt suggest doing that technique though if your alone doing it...get some help first, it is easy for the bike to tip to the right side if there is a slight miscalculation...

I find it easiest to just sit on the bike, stand up, and kick it down while i pull the bars ...but im 6'4 so i guess i have some extra leverage

Comment

I removed mine and all the brackets from the frame. Lot of weight removed and cleaned up underneath. I do have bike stands though.

Bike is sold

Comment

Working...
                              X