X

Saw this on ebay....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw this on ebay....

I saw this on ebay and wanted a second opinion. So what do you think? or does anyone have this already?

UMMMM!

You saw WHAT exactly on eBay?
    I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

sigpic

Comment

saw what?
      Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
      18v Rigid Drill
      Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
      New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

If you want mesh, go to Home Depot, buy some gutter mesh, or screen, whatever, do it yourself, and save about 50%.

Long Live the D

Comment

Check the description in the auction. All he's doing is selling you the mesh that you can buy at any Home Depot, Lowe's etc. He's not even going to cut it down to size for you.

"You are bidding on one Brand New 2 piece chrome like plated mesh grill insert kit

You recieve 2 pieces of mesh measuring 6"x36" "

Save your money and go pick up the materials yourself. I'm sure there is a step by step walk through somewhere on KR that will explain the steps and materials required.
          I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

sigpic

Comment

Do a search for the "mesh mod" and it wild yield you some useful information.
            Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
            18v Rigid Drill
            Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
            New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

wow...$9.50 will get you 6 pieces of that mesh from Home Depot (maybe 5 pieces, I bought it long ago and dont remember the exact number of pieces), and you can shape it and do it yourself very easy.
              It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Wow - and it fits certain bikes too. I'm not gonna buy it unless there is a universal kit. What's with that.

NOT

Maybe we should go to their house and beat him like the dee-dee-dee he is?
                :flipping:

EDIT - i just send that loser the following message on eBay:
                Code:
                Are you SERIOUSLY charging for a "KIT"? This is available at the local Home Depot. You should be ashamed with yourself. And I just got teh tools for making my mod and a ROLL of mesh was 9.99 and you're charging that for TWO SHEETS?!?!
                GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

Got an actual reply from this turkey:

Code:
                  	Dear rivernetcomm,

Im sorry for the confusion. The auction clearly states: 'You recieve 2 pieces of mesh measuring 6"x36"' I do not get this mesh from Home Depot, I buy this mesh wholesale from a steel company out of GA. Is there anything else I can help you with?

- customgrillsnc
                  GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

At least you asked what we thought before buying.

now go to your local home depot or lowes and ask for gutter mesh.
                    I think they come in 8"X24" peices, and the get so heat resistant adhesive.

If you want buy a couple extra peices and take some pictures of your bike when finished, then sell the extra mesh on ebay.

save your waiting time and shipping money!
                    myspace
                    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

I can't believe he wrote you back. It's pretty smart. You don't even have to lay out any money. Once somebody wins the auction and pays you just go over to HD and buyit then ship.

Comment

Use some JB weld to attach nuts to the back of your fairing, then you can remove the mesh if you need to.
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                        X