X

Fairings!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairings!!!

First of all Repair or buy new? I let my buddy take it for a spin and I should have been smarter. He rides a harley. And he dropped it. So should I buy new or replace? It has some nice deep scratches and rips in the plastic. Then if I do replace best place to get some? Are they easy to paint yourself?
    Its the KatScout! Scoutin' for over 6 years! Scouts OUT!

hmm, shop around if you are going to get a new one. I was quoted $430 painted from one place, then I talked to another place and it was $330 painted.

I may still repair my upper fairing (road rash), not sure
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

if you buy a new one .. save the old .. work on it .. primer it .. and sell it .. itll be good practice in case something else happens down the way
      so many roads so little time

Comment

Good advice thanks..!!!
        Its the KatScout! Scoutin' for over 6 years! Scouts OUT!

Comment

Go check out maier www.maier.com. I just picked up up all the plastics except for two of em for under 400 bucks brand new. go for the closeouts but get them while they last. they are out of the right lower airscoop (pre 98). they are in white so you gotta paint em and i think you gotta drill em too but no biggie if you know how. (which i do...i think) anyway check em out its worth it
          If you truly want to be different...just be yourself.

If you can't stand the heat...become a cop
          Proud to be one of America's Bravest

Comment

Originally posted by 1BADKAT
            Go check out maier www.maier.com. I just picked up up all the plastics except for two of em for under 400 bucks brand new. go for the closeouts but get them while they last. they are out of the right lower airscoop (pre 98). they are in white so you gotta paint em and i think you gotta drill em too but no biggie if you know how. (which i do...i think) anyway check em out its worth it
            http://www.maier-mfg.com/index.php sorry about that. this is the link. ooops

Comment

Maier only makes pre-98 fairings. KatScout07 has a 2000. If you want new ones, check www.ronayers.com. They have factory colors. But they are not cheap. Your best bet is to try to fix the ones you have and get the repainted.
              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
              -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by brooder
                Maier only makes pre-98 fairings. KatScout07 has a 2000. If you want new ones, check www.ronayers.com. They have factory colors. But they are not cheap. Your best bet is to try to fix the ones you have and get the repainted.
                Sorry. just a newbie tryin to help out. my mistake

Comment

heres a lesson, dont let a harley rider sit on a sport bike

Comment

ha

heres a better lesson.... get you some frame sliders! There wouldnt have been a scratch on those fairings then!

Comment

well how are u supposed to put frame sliders on a 99 kat?

Comment

frame sliders are not intended to protect the fairings. Chances are if your bike hits the ground you will end up with fairing damage, regardless of whetehr you have frame sliders. The sliders might help minimize the damage but it will not eliminate it.

A member on here named Braunstein makes sliders for the 98+ kats. They require no drilling. A search will provide more info.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

If you bought a maier fairing in black does it need to be painted?

Comment

Those htings come unpainted and undrilled , so you gotta do all that crap yourslef . But they ARE cheap .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Is the drilling really that hard? I guess I will find out. I ordered a left side for $86. My fairing has broken tabs, cracks, and missing chunks. Figured it would be easier to go w/ the Maier than fix mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X