X

New Kind Of Undertail Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kind Of Undertail Question

I've been looking at a lot of the How-Tos and other threads about the fender chop but there are still some unanswered questions (somehow).

For 98+ 2004 in fact.
    After doing this is the cargo area comprimised? Is small stuff gonna fall out.
    Is there now a place for water and road grime to ge in?
    Does this expose your tail light and rear wiring to these hazards?

All that the tail chop does is remove the plastic that is hanging below the tail. Nothing else is affected in terms of storage or protection. The only protection issue belongs to those that might catch the odd rock or mud behind you.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by brooder
      All that the tail chop does is remove the plastic that is hanging below the tail. Nothing else is affected in terms of storage or protection. The only protection issue belongs to those that might catch the odd rock or mud behind you.
      +1

The only time you will lose underseat storage is if you actually buy an aftermarket undertail. I lost quite a bit of space with the artfibras undertail, and honestly kinda miss it at times.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Really? Maybe it's just the difference between the 98-02 and 03+, but when i look at the 03+ with the artfibras, it looks like I'm getting more storage space...
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
        -Terence

Comment

Well, I lost the little pocket behind the battery, and the 'tray' on top directly under the seat. There is a bit more back by the tail light area though.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

You won't lose any space and it doesn't expose anything. You will just love your bike in a totally new way. Just do it, Sally!
            Anger Fuel Motion...Motion Fuels Momentum...Momentum Fuels Action...Do Something.

Comment

Re: New Kind Of Undertail Question

Originally posted by plupien79
              I've been looking at a lot of the How-Tos and other threads about the fender chop but there are still some unanswered questions (somehow).

For 98+ 2004 in fact.
              After doing this is the cargo area comprimised? Is small stuff gonna fall out.
              Is there now a place for water and road grime to ge in?
              Does this expose your tail light and rear wiring to these hazards?
              No. No. No and no.
              2006 Kan-A-Tuna GSX-F 750

Comment

Working...
              X