X

hugger quality??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hugger quality??

Got a question on the durability of a fiberglass hugger?
    Looking at an artfibras on ebay for my 06kat.
    anyone have experience with them? pros/cons/reviews
    thanks

PM Speedee. I think he has one.
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Spedee's is an Artfibras, but made from real carbon fiber.

I have a fiberglass one from artfibras and have had zero issues with it. The paint finish is good quality, and after putting well over 2000 miles on the bike with it installed I have not seen so much as a crack or stress mark in it. I highly recommend one for anyone.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

i have my artifiber hugger over a year no problems whit it.good stuff men

Comment

Originally posted by teddy
          Spedee's is an Artfibras, but made from real carbon fiber.

I have a fiberglass one from artfibras and have had zero issues with it. The paint finish is good quality, and after putting well over 2000 miles on the bike with it installed I have not seen so much as a crack or stress mark in it. I highly recommend one for anyone.
          I have a fibreglass from artfibras on my '06 (and in fact, Spedee helped install it....ok he did most of the work and I grabbed wrenches for him).

Anyway, I'm very happy with not only the quality of the part from artfibras, but also in how easily it installs. Three holes to drill and you are done.

FWIW - I also highly recommend the artfibras undertail as well. And despite what I've seen posted on KR, you do NOT have to cut the original undertail section to get it out. You will need to undo the bottom of the dogbones to release the rear wheel (let it drop out of the way), but the stock undertail can be removed in one piece.
          Attached Files
          I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

sigpic

Comment

Who does that, I get no result searching for artfibra hugger...

Comment

there is a button on the main page for english version (based out of brazil), email them and they'll hook you up, or wait for their auctions on ebay, search 'katana hugger'

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

no problem with my artfibras yet and i've had it for two years.
                BLACK KATS R THE SHIZNIT!!!! :flipping:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X