X

Chainguard alternatives.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chainguard alternatives.

I want to replace the stock chainguard on my black 99 Katana. I don't like how far the stock chain guard goes back... It covers part of the rim/tire. So far, I've only been able to find this alternative:

and this:

I'm assuming the 'tag relocator' is the license plate holder.

Anything else out there? These are 'alright' solutions. I LOVE the look of not having a chainguard... But the mess and risk to passengers stops me from going that route.

You can also get a hugger which acts as a chain guard and tire hugger. Many members have them.
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier
      You can also get a hugger which acts as a chain guard and tire hugger. Many members have them.
      Thank you. I never even noticed that. That's definitely a way to go! Hopefully I'll be able to get a design that doesn't look clunky...

Comment

Originally posted by sleekkatanarider
        Originally posted by KatanaSoldier
        Thank you. I never even noticed that. That's definitely a way to go! Hopefully I'll be able to get a design that doesn't look clunky...
        Not a problem. This is the same one I have but in carbon fiber. I bought mine from this store and it came fast and with easy install instructions. Not clunky looking at all. The hugger is tucked away pretty nicely.

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
        X