X

To all those who have chopped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all those who have chopped

Did you merely remove your whole rear fender or did you just cut out what was showing? I am going to do mine but haven't decided which way to go. More than half of the people I have talked to have just cut out what was showing.

ALot of people cut what is showing and use a fender eliminator. there are many threads about this many with good pics. If you decide to remove the whole fender to be able to cut it prepare yourself for frustration. To remove the whole thing to cut will require a little prying since the storage box and the front are wider than the frame.

sigpic

Comment

I just cut mine flush with the tail.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I did not remove my entire fender to cut the shovel. ZukiFred did the same thing I did to mine. I then got some sheet metal at Lowe's and fabbed a fender eliminator for about $3.
        The only tools I used were a vise, a hammer, a drill, and an air cut-off wheel.

Looks as good as the $120 ones and I am much prouder that I did it myself.

Besides......I'm really cheap!
        -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
        -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

Originally posted by mharrison
          I did not remove my entire fender to cut the shovel. ZukiFred did the same thing I did to mine. I then got some sheet metal at Lowe's and fabbed a fender eliminator for about $3.
          The only tools I used were a vise, a hammer, a drill, and an air cut-off wheel.

Looks as good as the $120 ones and I am much prouder that I did it myself.

Besides......I'm really cheap!
          This is about how I did it. Angle grind it off, and make a new bracket. Cost like $1.72

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I just wacked mine off with a dremel.. Made a bracket for lights and tag.

Comment

I've given mine a partial chop so far...I just cut it under the turn signal mounts and under the license plate mount...took a lot of the shovel off and cleaned it up nicely...I have a new bracket and smaller turn signals on order though..then I'll chop the rest of it off
              Currently Kat-less....but still in love with them.

And as I hit 6th gear, I forgot what she said...

Comment

I chopped mine just where you can see it. following the body line of the tail.

Yes I'm an American, yes I have guns, and yes I won't hesitate to use them to protect my family, my property, and myself

Comment

I took the trouble of taking the whole thing out. Didn't remove anything except the shovel (whole thing) drew out what I wanted to take of and used palm router with a spiral bit. Jumps around a bit so I went wide on the lines Then used a file to get to were I wanted smoothed the edges and reassembled. The reassembly was a Bittt(h. Total Cost $0.00 Then I decided I didn't like the look of the stock signal and changed them to arrows $18.00
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X