Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Are both bulbs supposed to be lit on highbeam?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rackovanz
    I am having the same problem my right is off on low beam I just in stalled Silver stars.
    Check the filaments for breaks, and check the socket for corrosion. Always wise to smear some dielectric grease into the sockets to help prevent future problems.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Does anyone have a link to the correct bulbs? I would hate to buy some crappy non-needed wrong sized ones.

MMmmmm... Cool Blue H4's

Comment

Originally posted by furylow
        European models have only right light on on lowbeam and both in highbeam. I'm just wondering if electrical system can manage both lights in lowbeam (making modifications on the wiring) to eliminate asimetrical lighting
        In Europe, pre-1997 motorcycles were only permitted to light up one headlight bulb on low-beam (dim as it's called in the UK); the EU changed that regulation for 98+ model-year motorcycles and both sides can light up on either setting.
        I'm not sure about the wiring loom differences (I have all the various countries' wiring diagrams for the 98+), but I could check into it if someone really needed me to... But again, the pre-97 didn't have two headlights, and by the time the 98+ models arrived, they should have had both lighting up.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X