X

SCREENS'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCREENS'

Anyone ever tryed puting something like a screen over the holes of the side Farings so it dos'nt look so holy.....give it a diff look i would like to see what one would look like. maybe i should,nt say screen how about a grill i realy like this bike, only thing i dont like are these big holes in the side
    http://www.putfile.com/omegajireh AKA ONYOUR6 ......If you think education is expensive, wait till you see the price of ignorance!

1st I used gutter mesh but it was ripping up my pants near the knees. Then I switched to a screen. I like it much better. I also used duct tape (silver stuff) to hold it on. Some people use JB weld or epoxy but the duct tape seems to work well also.
    I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

Originally posted by KitKat
      1st I used gutter mesh but it was ripping up my pants near the knees. Then I switched to a screen. I like it much better.
      any pics ?
      http://www.putfile.com/omegajireh AKA ONYOUR6 ......If you think education is expensive, wait till you see the price of ignorance!

Comment

its called a mesh mod. Do a search, its been discussed alot
        Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Theres quite a few of us who have done it, check out peoples ride profiles
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Comment

1st I used gutter mesh but it was ripping up my pants near the knees. Then I switched to a screen. I like it much better. I also used duct tape (silver stuff) to hold it on. Some people use JB weld or epoxy but the duct tape seems to work well also.
              ripping your pants? how would it rip your pants unless you mounted it on the outside of the fairing
              -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Originally posted by taz
                ripping your pants? how would it rip your pants unless you mounted it on the outside of the fairing
                my knees would slip in the holes
                I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

I used regular storm door screening and a lot of glue from a hot glue gun. I would use JB weld if I was to ever do it again as the hot glue does not hold forever.

Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

The mesh mod was the first official mod I did to my Kat, and still one of my favorites... My bike looks like Haggisman's old ride.. well it will when a certain mexican gets finished painting my cowl and other parts

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                      The mesh mod was the first official mod I did to my Kat, and still one of my favorites... My bike looks like Haggisman's old ride.. well it will when a certain mexican gets finished painting my cowl and other parts

Finished???? Does that mean I have to start???

And you sent the wrong color. I was painting it pink... PINK!!!!! Not this wussy steel blue color
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

I used a automotive grill from APC. It's a little harder to work with (polished aluminum) but it looks great. I used a high heat epoxy to hold them in place
                        Attached Files
                        Gripp & Regripp

Comment

The only thing everyone has seemed to miss on this post is that he has a pre 98. Our holes are a lot different from the ones on a 98+. I have thought about doing my side holes, but I have yet to see anyone who has done it on an early Kat.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                          who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Originally posted by Court93Kat
                            The only thing everyone has seemed to miss on this post is that he has a pre 98. Our holes are a lot different from the ones on a 98+. I have thought about doing my side holes, but I have yet to see anyone who has done it on an early Kat.
                            Give it time. We'll get it done on Bonestrosity's bike.... He just doesn't know it yet!
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

That should be interesting. I have been looking at my side panels, and it is pretty tight in there with that big support bracket running down across it. I have noticed that Kwebbel has it on his bike though.

Might have to look a little more into it. I would like to put mesh on mine. I already have it in the smaller holes in the front of the fairings, and the belly fairing.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                              who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
                              X