No announcement yet.
X

my new tail section

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is frikken awesome! I love the tail light!
    It looks like a corbin seat would fit almost perfectly considering the new shape.
    Awesome job dude.
    -
    -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

did you just have to cut off most of the subframe? and im deffinetly interested in getting one of those tails..
      Doesnt matter if your driveing fast or slow, ill still blow by you up on one.

Comment

thats awsome, love the streetfighter look, kinda looks like the one i just got rid of except i had a shorter subframe....i wish i would of thought of the flipping the clip-ons around that looks sick, how does it handle with the bars like that?

Comment

Sweet streetfighter

Comment

This is one mean looking bike! Great job dud.
            www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

really nice work, but imo it should have been longer so it comes out to the end of the rear tire.

Comment

Very nice work!
                1993 kat 600
                1990 GSXR 750
                2008 Z1000

Comment

definitely different, good job!

Comment

Super cool fab job.

I am also creating a black on black Katfighter. I plan to shorten the the yoshi carbon fiber can and angle it down like u did, maybe even flatter and closer to the front.

I also like the pointy belly (I will go with something sharper and more forward)

I have always wondered what to do with the lower tail support square tube
                    (dont know what it is called).

Can you include a How to section on what you did, or at least a picture of the modified sub structure.

I found a website about creating/moding your own seat, site looks cool and makes sense. http://www.diymotorcycleseat.com/
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Krazykev111; 01-24-2008, 03:17 PM. Reason: misspelled words

Comment

let me ship you my bike and you do that for me!!!!
                      Great freakin bike dude!

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

sorry I have not replied in along time, I have not looked at this site for awhile. thanks for the comments. the flipped clip-ons dont seem to effect the handling, if anything it helps because you are more forward and in a aggressive postition. As for sub-frame I just cut it off, hacked off some more and welded it back on. I would just go with what looks good with your tail section. I dont think i am going to make any more tail sections. I am really busy with work and a new baby due any day. but if I change my mind will will keep you posted. thanks for the intersest.

Comment

wow! love it

Comment

new pictures of the machine. I just need to paint. I am thinking black? I am so excited to ride this thing instead of mess with it!!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

That thing still looks sick as hell(o)
                              American by birth, Italian by the grace of God

Comment

Dude, nice ride. I've looked at a lot of street fighters over the last couple of weeks. For some reason, most people's fighters' tail sections seem unfinished to me.

This one actually makes me want to fighter mine and not worry about all the scratches the previous owner put on it.

I guess, since I'm a first time sportbike owner, the chances of me screwing up my fairings are good. These things don't handle like the dirtbikes I grew up with!

One more thing: I really dig the way that headlight is set deep in the fork there. It's not sticking out like a cow catcher. Very nice placement.

Let us know how it does on the street. Does your shirt get a mud stripe when it drizzles out?
                                Last edited by cale; 04-03-2008, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X