X

Pre 98 engine in 01 frame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 98 engine in 01 frame?

Will a 95 750 drop into and 01 600 frame? What are going to be the problems i face and the necessary replacement parts?

i already went through this post and I am still a lil fuzzy...

Comment

bump... all i need is a yes or no...

Comment

yes
        None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
        -Robert Morrison

"
        well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

okay putting a pre engine in a post frame, you will run into lots of issues. Carbs have to be pre 750. CDI has to be pre, tank has to be pre, petcock has to be pre. Harness has to be pre 750. If the harness is pre the gauges have to be pre 750. The alternator has to be pre. Ignition switch has to be pre. I'm sure you could make the 98+ wiring harness and CDI work. The carbs must be pre, or at least the intake manifold has to match whatever carbs are in it. Along with the tank, that has to be pre. The petcock must match the carbs, well in theory you could make a 98+ petcock work with pre carbs. PM me with exactly what your going to do, and I can tell you how to do it.

Comment

a simple answer - yes, the engine will fit in the frame just fine. Getting everything to work that a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
              tank has to be pre, petcock has to be pre.
              Baking powder ? Petcock maybe (ok , for sure) , but why tank ?
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
              X