What Sliders?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Sliders?

Ok, This is a two part question:

1. so they dont make frame sliders for the Kat. Just wondering what sliders everyone has bought.

2. whats the best way to mount them? I'm sure i'm going to have to drill a hole in the frame, which I dont really wanna do. And I dont have a welder so I can't drill the hole and then weld the slider inside the hole. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance. O and BTW before the "Slider" jokes start I went riding with Matt (MD86) yesterday and didn't use my rear break once.
    -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Taz do not drill your frame. If you do will create cracks in the frame that you can not see but are there. Best thing to is try and make a bracket the will hold the slider. You want it to be strong enough with stand a tip or or slow speed slide. Most of them in high speed crashes breakaway anyway. If you mount it to the frame with a hole drill you run the risk of bending the frame and totaling the bike out when it other wise would not be totaled. I did machinst work for 3yrs and I have a cousin who owns his own machine shop. I told him about drilling the frame and he said the same thing. Do not drill it because you will weaken it and if you go down the frame will either get bent or warped. But that is all I can offer. There is a company called www.oesaccessories.com they are working on it. We just need people to email them and get them to produce them. They are just running into a good spot to mount them. Anyway give them a shout. The person I have been talking to over there is Jacob. I even invited them to the rally. They live closer to the GAP than I do. So maybe they will come up and we can really talk them into producing them.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I thought the fairing made an excellent frame slider !
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

cool thanks HS for the info. I'll check out that site and email Jacob. see if we can't get 'em to make some frame sliders for the kats.
        -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Many members here on KR have sliders on their Kats. We had a thread about this before, I think in the body shop forum, that might give you some tips on how others have done it as well

Comment

Frame sliders? Frame benders more like! My advice is to pursue a more useful mod like stainless braided brake lines or a set of progressive fork springs. If you really want to protect against crash damage, invest in a set of older GSXR roadracing-style billet case covers.
            '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

I got some NRC covers from Keith that are "lots thicker than stock" . I'lle let you know how well they fare next crash ...
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
              X