X

How do I connect an extra LED to my third eye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I connect an extra LED to my third eye

I want to connect an extra LED pod to light up my windscreen to illuminate it. Can i just connect the wires to my third eye? If so how, and if not what would be the best way in which to connect the LEDs. Thanks
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Bump..... My g-rent said i could just use a thing that basically connect the wires of the LED pod to the wires going to the third eye. It just pierces the wires together with little blades and that makes the connection. Then you just wrap the connection in shrink wrap or something. Do you guys think this will work? I figured this would be easier than stripping the wire and doing it that way.

Comment

i think the connecters your talking about are called scotch locks.

Comment

Thanks Evil, I'm not sure my LED's work now though. I know they are 12V led's but i tried hooking them up to a 12V battery and my bike battery directly, but nothing happened. So they might be faulty unless i'm doing something wrong.

Comment

when i hooked up my led rear directionals i had to use a resister to cut the power down to get them to work. just a thought.

Comment

if you don't use a proper resistor on the led and you hook up the led to power it will turn on for a second and fry.

2002 Katana 600
            1999 Ford F150

Comment

Originally posted by Brian_M
              if you don't use a proper resistor on the led and you hook up the led to power it will turn on for a second and fry.
              +1 yep, gotta becareful with those led's
              Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
              18v Rigid Drill
              Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
              New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

uh oh, maybe i fried them ... well maybe i'll try again sometime with another set. I'm thinking about putting lights everywhere on the bike, but not right now. Maybe later. Thanks for all the help though.

Comment

Are the LEDs you are using just the little bulb? You could try using your "Cali" connector...just a thought

Comment

If you are connecting bare LED's to a 12V battery you'll fry them...you need a resistor between the + on the LED and + wire...If you connect a LED to a 9v battery it will fry...they need very small amounts of power to generate light...
                    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Working...
                    X