Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Different seats for the 89-96 katanas????? do they swap???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different seats for the 89-96 katanas????? do they swap???

Hey guys i just got myself a 90 katana 600.... its only got 10k on it so i think ive got alot more miles left in this thing so im excited ...

My question is: my seats are krap. My bike has the 2 piece seats and they are destroyed from the previous owner leaving the bike outside for a few years . .. Now ive been shopping for seats and ive found some 1 piece seats for the same years of katana???/?wtf?????

Can the 1 piece seat fit on the bikes that originally came with the 2 piece seats or is it impossible? Id prefer the 1 piece seat anyways and its cheaper too lol...

mike

the sets are not compatible. you could look at having your seat recovered.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

The 600s came with a two piece seat, the 1 piece seat is from the 750. As mentioned above the 600 and 750 seats will not swap, but any of the 2 piece seats should swap. They also make a factory style seat cowl for the 600 if thats something that sounds good to you, one company that I can think of off the top of my head that makes them is airtech. The link is http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/...6001988-97.htm

Comment

Krap...could i use the rear fairings formt he 750 an dthem make it work??? sounds like its a lost cause lol... damn.. oh well i guess i will either have to recover it myself or keep shopping for new seats...

Comment

He by the way has anyone done a 600 to 750 motor swap???

Comment

The rear subframes are different . so "no" , ain't gonna work .
            Yes , quite a few have done the engine swap .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
              The rear subframes are different . so "no" , ain't gonna work .
              Yes , quite a few have done the engine swap .
              Using the rear fairings can work, but it is not a simple bolt up and swap.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Working...
              X