X

Right side cowling replacement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right side cowling replacement

How much of a job is it to replace the right side cowling on a 2006 Kat. Slipped on some gravel last night. Right foot went right out from under me at a dead stop. Just cleaned and waxed it and installed a Yoshi pipe, backed out of my garage and, put my right foot down and did the splits. She fell on her right side and scratched the cowling pretty bad, gouged too. I ordered a new one from Suzuki, expensive, but not as expensive as the concrete driveway I'm having put in next week. Bummer. Anyway, is it much of a job to replace it. Lucky enough that it did'nt hurt the new pipe or anything else. Limestone is rough. Any info would help.
    John 3:16

Simple as pie. I have removed mine from my 2006 kat numerous times. All you need is the allan wrenches with the toolkit provided.

Comment

Shoot yeah if you're getting the new part from Suzuki it should only take about an hour...

Comment

won't take long at all. You should consider selling the damaged part as a way of off-setting the cost of the new piece. Either that or keep to learn how to repair and paint. That way you could have a spare.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

It is very simple.

Check out this thread for step by step directions with pictures:

It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I'm going to have the old one repaired and painted for a spare. Hopefully I'll never need to use it. Thanks for the info and the step by step.

Comment

Great write up Sasquatch!!

Comment

That needs to be stickied.. Send a mod a note..

Comment

Originally posted by brunnskee
                  I'm going to have the old one repaired and painted for a spare. Hopefully I'll never need to use it. Thanks for the info and the step by step.
                  You should think about putting on some sliders in case she falls again.
                  "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                  JOHN 16:33

Comment

Every place I've looked lists them for the GSXR and the Busa. Who sells them for the Katana?

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                      That needs to be stickied.. Send a mod a note..
                      It was stickied right after I posted it
                      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Working...
                      X