X

I want your opinions on caliper paint!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoyleDee
    I know painters use it on their skin so paint doesn't stick.
    it is stupid to do this today, but I remember when I was kid around the body shop....both my dad's and my uncle's....as well as a couple of other I knew of.....the norm was coating your nostrils with veseline to catch most of the fumes. 30+ yrs ago the masks were kinda crappy. didn't fit well.....and when you are moving around a car with a spray gun in one hand and dragging a hose with another, you couldn't be fiddlin' with a mask that didn't fit your face. real bad for the health.

but today the paints are much stronger. I won't even mix my paint without a mask. U-POL is especially strong.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
      it is stupid to do this today, but I remember when I was kid around the body shop....both my dad's and my uncle's....as well as a couple of other I knew of.....the norm was coating your nostrils with veseline to catch most of the fumes. 30+ yrs ago the masks were kinda crappy. didn't fit well.....and when you are moving around a car with a spray gun in one hand and dragging a hose with another, you couldn't be fiddlin' with a mask that didn't fit your face. real bad for the health.

but today the paints are much stronger. I won't even mix my paint without a mask. U-POL is especially strong.
      Crap, well there goes about 10 years of my life...
      Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
      18v Rigid Drill
      Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
      New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
        Just a quick question... are you using an organic vapor filter? If not you really aren't stopping any chemicals. HEPA filters are really only good for particulates from sanding and other similar processes.
        sola dosis facit venenum
        (only the dose makes the poison)

Comment

If you use chapstick you can easily apply it evenly.

Yes I'm an American, yes I have guns, and yes I won't hesitate to use them to protect my family, my property, and myself

Comment

Re: I want your opinions on caliper paint!!

Originally posted by reconstyle
            ...I don't care what you guys say, I asked for an opinion, so give me it!!!
            Well, okay...

You're a moron!

(Just kidding, but I couldn't help myself!)
            "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

If you are going to paint the calipers try this stuff, I've used it, it really works and is durable as hell.

Comment

Working...
              X