I want your opinions on caliper paint!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chinto
    replied
    i would paint the whole caliper gold and then once it dries, I would touch up the lettering with a fine brush and black paint. Then clear coat the whole caliper. Let it cure for more than recomended time. Brake fluid wreaks havoc on fresh paint quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Mojoe
    replied
    Originally posted by reconstyle

While I'm asking, anyone have any idea how to keep the raised letters black? Other than putting tape over it, then using an exacto knife to cut around the letters....
    if you are steady with your hand, apply some elmers glue (the white stuff every kid has eaten in kindergarten) with a small paintbrush just before you paint. then when the paint is dry, carefully remove the glue with an exacto or your fingers by rubbing it.

vaseline works even better, but a little more difficult to evenly spread on. you really don't need much.

Leave a comment:

• reconstyle
    replied
    Originally posted by Black_peter
    Yeah why not.. I think calipers look better in gold.
    In fact I think dirty gold calipers look better than dirty black ones..
    huh? It's harder to tell when the black ones get dirty...?

While I'm asking, anyone have any idea how to keep the raised letters black? Other than putting tape over it, then using an exacto knife to cut around the letters....

Leave a comment:

• Black_peter
    replied
    Yeah why not.. I think calipers look better in gold.
    In fact I think dirty gold calipers look better than dirty black ones..

Leave a comment:

• chinto
    replied
    i think that would look pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• reconstyle
    started a topic I want your opinions on caliper paint!!

I want your opinions on caliper paint!!

Alright, before you guys start, I know the bike is mine, and I should do whatever I want to it blah blah blah who cares.

My bike is all black. The paint looks solid black from a distance, but it you look VERY closely it has a little bit of metallic gold it in not really enough to tell it just looks metallic black from any further than 6 inches away. I have the GSXF emblems in which the "F" is gold. I have the ohlins rear shock with 2 gold resivours. I like black and gold, but not TOO much gold, just very subtle.

Do you guys think that painting the calipers gold is too much?

I WISH I could paint them gold, but leave the "tokico" raised letters in black, but that's too much work and attention to detail for me.

Be honest, brutally honest, I don't care what you guys say, I asked for an opinion, so give me it!!!
Working...
X