artfibras undertail

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• artfibras undertail

Seen that these are back on ebay

A quick ? I hope someone can answer - got a 2001 gsxf750 and looking at the pretty pictures cannot see what happens to the license plate light - is this built in to the undertail or do you have to rig something else up

Any pictures would be useful !!

Cheers

You need to purchase a new license plate light for this undertail. I picked one up from a local bike shop, it comes with 2 sided tape, and requires just one drill hole under it for the wires. It cost me about $30, and is worth it.

Comment

I bought one from the auction last month. Got it last week. I bought a $5 light from Canadian Tire. In the process of installing
      Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

Thanks for the replies - I assume I would be able to buy something similar in the UK - do you have to worry about having reflectors on the back which I think are law here

Froggy - let me know how the install goes - what sort of instructions do you get with the undertail ?

Comment

if your buying it off of ebay form Artifibras, there are no instuctions at all. You need to drill all the holes there are none provided. You will loss all of your trunk space too. I spent alot of time fabricating my undertail so that i could keep the trunk under the seat.

Comment

As above, no instructions. I finally got my stock off and haven't yet started installing the new one. Weekends project.

Comment

Originally posted by freshus
              You will loss all of your trunk space too. I spent alot of time fabricating my undertail so that i could keep the trunk under the seat.
              My goal was to put my clear visor under the seat....... Is having this undertail, not going to allow that??????

I really thought I would gain some space, not lose it

Comment

You may gain space but i wouldn't consider it secure. Like i wouldn't be keeping my insurance or ownership under the seat. I use to keep my disk lock in the back by the rear light. Went over some train tracks and it ended up by my leg banging around under the seat. (didn't sould good)

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy
                  You will loss all of your trunk space too. I spent alot of time fabricating my undertail so that i could keep the trunk under the seat.
                  My goal was to put my clear visor under the seat....... Is having this undertail, not going to allow that??????

I really thought I would gain some space, not lose it
                  I didn't even try to get my other visor in there, I knew it would destroy it. The AF undertail really cuts down the usable storage under the seat. I keep my spare visor inside my jacket now, kinda wrapped around my side, a little trick I picked up from Dan D.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                  You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

if your buying it off of ebay form Artifibras, there are no instuctions at all. You need to drill all the holes there are none provided. You will loss all of your trunk space too. I spent alot of time fabricating my undertail so that i could keep the trunk under the seat.

REALLY My Artfibras undertail came w/ instructions Im pretty sure I think Ill see if I can find them and make a copys or try to post it

Im so slow I still need to install mine

Comment

if you could find the instructions that would be great - just need to know how complicated it will be.Do you need to chop the mudguard or is it a complete replacement ?

Comment

I have an artfibras undertail for sale if you are interested....shoot me a PM I don't think I have the directions though.
                        Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                        18v Rigid Drill
                        Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                        New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

I just got an email from Artfibras today. Mine shipped yesterday. Should take 15 to 20 days according to them.

When the package arrives, I'll scan and post any instructions that are included (if any).
                          I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

sigpic

Comment

Install is done. Started at 9:30pm on a Tuesday night and finished at 4:45am Wednesday morning. Had to have the bike back together for a road trip Wednesday afternoon!

Wasn't difficult. Spent the most time using the dremel to cut out the space for the luggage rack. Way too valuable to lose. Electrical was the other thing that took a bit of time. First time using flux, solder, iron, etc.

Have had my visor under the seat to no ill affect. I do keep in in a wool sock which keeps it from getting scratched.

Freshus: Re stuff falling out. I considered what you said and went to Canadian Tire and purchased a $6 summer rear seat floor mat (really soft rubber) and cut it to close off the open area between the fairing and seat. Tested it this weekend and it worked great. Nothing fell out, and everything stayed dry (was a wet weekend). Will epoxy the mat to the undertail to ensure it doesn't move (altho it hasn't yet and I put 1,100 km on it this weekend)

Comment

Froggy-glad to hear it worked for you. Thanks again for responding to my question through Ebay.
                              Currently Kat-less....but still in love with them.

And as I hit 6th gear, I forgot what she said...

Comment

Working...
                              X