X

Sand Blaster

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sand Blaster

I'm in the middle of stripping, repairing and repainting my plastics. I bought a $20 sander at the local hardware store and am using a product called "Thin Ice" to patch the holes, along with "Loctite ABS Epoxy". I would like to save the $200 and strip the paint off before giving them to the guy who is painting them, but I'm at a lost for what's best to use. Is this blaster gun sufficient?
    Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

I was told by the painter that you have to be careful with sand blasting plastics as they tend to overheat and make new holes. Anyone knowledgeable with the sandblaster and could point me in the right direction on this? Here are some pics so far:

I would not suggest sandblasting your plastic. This will likely be disastrous.....

The sand can embed itself into the plastic and possibly eat through your material. Neither of these is good or worth the sanding time saved.
    -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
    -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

Originally posted by mharrison
      I would not suggest sandblasting your plastic. This will likely be disastrous.....

The sand can embed itself into the plastic and possibly eat through your material. Neither of these is good or worth the sanding time saved.
      Thanks, point noted. I want to do this right the first time.

Comment

You can blast plastics if done properly with good results. Read this:

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy
          You can blast plastics if done properly with good results. Read this:
          http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28232
          This is the thread I was looking for!! Thanks teddy!

I'll be in touch with you about those decals as soon as I get the plastics painted...thanks!!

Comment

Glad to help Maybe we could find a good meeting point between here and Canton to hook up for a ride..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy
              Glad to help Maybe we could find a good meeting point between here and Canton to hook up for a ride..
              Sounds good, I just have to get these parts painted and I'll be in touch.

Comment

Originally posted by 96gsxohio
                This is the thread I was looking for!! Thanks teddy!
                yup! first one I thought of too!

Comment

Working...
                X