X

kat decals removed easily, 600 decal glue won't budge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mojoe
    are you removing them to paint the bike, or just to have your bike sticker free? if it is to paint the bike, go with 100-120 grit sandpaper, then prime.
    YEEEoww. Only if you want to see scratch marks. Go with 300 or 400 is even better.
    98 Integra GSR
    96 Kat 750

Don't be like me

Comment

I've got all sorts of fancy chemicals, so I can't really help you with names and places to buy them. But Goo-gone or a citrus based goo remover is usually good. Some sort of mild solvent, like prep-sol or prep all. Alcohols are bad. The stronger the solvent is, the quicker you want to be and the more you want to let it do the work and not your arm and rag, you could melt the clear coat and make some nice patterns...
      98 Integra GSR
      96 Kat 750

Don't be like me

Comment

Re: kat decals removed easily, 600 decal glue won't budge

Originally posted by tallguy63
        the other day i removed my original graphics on my 01 600 by peeling them off with my finger nail and then using some rubbing alcohol on an elect buffer i removed the silver paint below. the glue came off with some brake cleaner and some elbow grease, but i cannot get the glue under my 600 sticker to budge. i've tried, alcohol, wd40, brake cleaner, polish, and even a dremmel tool. have any suggestions?
        RAPID REMOVER......used in the sign industry.....pisses on goo gone and the other stuff.......the more you use the faster it cleans.....some people water it down....I don't, to get the job done fast.....although it can't remove sun fading.

Comment

Working...
        X