X

Having trouble deciding...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having trouble deciding...

I keep looking at my stock 06 Kat 750 in the garage and can't decide what to do with the looks of it. It's sporting the maroon/silver paint with the black mirrors, bar ends, etc... I just can't decide what to do with it. Even though I was a Harley Rider that hated chrome on my bike, (powdercoated everything black...took a scotchbrite pad to some of the remaining chrome for the brushed look) I was thinking that chrome mirrors and such wouldn't look too bad with the maroon. Had also considered gold and carbon fiber. I just can't get a decent path right now. Any suggestions or advice?
    Currently Kat-less....but still in love with them.

And as I hit 6th gear, I forgot what she said...

Chrome (Even though I hate it too) can look good on the red/maroon Kats.. Everything in moderation!

Comment

as they say chrome dont get you home

haha

I hate chrome

Comment

Chrome would look nice then again, carbon does too!
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

some nice chrome accents would look nice, just don't over do it

"Always in moderation!"--Tony Sinclair (seen too many of those Tanqueray commercials lately)

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I think carbon is more appropriate for the sportbike look - crome frames/swingarm are about teh only place i'd put it on a sportbike
            97 Katana 600
            [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

First off, to each their own. It's your bike, so do whatever you feel will look the best that suits both your visions and tastes. After all, YOU will be the person looking at it and riding it 99% of the time.

Secondly, chrome and carbon. Both are so overdone these days it's gotten to the point that it's mainstream. Personally I don't see the appeal or the point of carbon (especially fake carbon), but that's just me.

If you truly want to stand out, look for new products on the market. Talk to parts manufacturers and be a prototype volunteer for something that no one else has thought of. Or take an existing product and tweak it to be something different.
              Don't go for the same mods that 90% of the other people have...be unique!

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
                If you truly want to stand out, look for new products on the market. Talk to parts manufacturers and be a prototype volunteer for something that no one else has thought of. Or take an existing product and tweak it to be something different.

New product:
                trivalent chromium pretreatment(TCP).

Existing product different use:

Comment

i'd say mabye go chrome

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
                    First off, to each their own. It's your bike, so do whatever you feel will look the best that suits both your visions and tastes. After all, YOU will be the person looking at it and riding it 99% of the time.

Secondly, chrome and carbon. Both are so overdone these days it's gotten to the point that it's mainstream. Personally I don't see the appeal or the point of carbon (especially fake carbon), but that's just me.

Don't go for the same mods that 90% of the other people have...be unique!
                    +1 on a couple things here... Carbon especiall fake does not look good, and fake serves NO purpose.

There are other ideals here.. How about anodizing? You can get alot of the parts on your bike anodized to any color you want, and even multiple colors and designs. You could always powder coat some parts... Chrome and Carbon are not your only options.

So maybe you can't decide what you want to do because you have not really thought outside the box. Good luck either way.

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

I tried the same thing

finally I got ride of the silver on mine and painted the lower fairing black, then the shield, bar ends, etc.
                      Now everything is black and maroon with a HUGE carbon fiber look tank protector
                      98 GSX750F
                      95 Honda VT600 vlx
                      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                        Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                        18v Rigid Drill
                        Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                        New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Working...
                        X