X

Warning Stickers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning Stickers

What is the best way to remove those ugly warning sticker with out messing up the paint?

heat with blow drier
    peel off slowly
    use goo-gone, WD-40 or lighter fluid to get the rest off

Comment

x2.. a hairdryer works wonders..and most definately peel it SLOW.

Comment

Warm up the stickers ( I just went for a ride on a sunny day) then scrape with a plastic scraper. I used Oops to clean the residue. Becareful with Oops it does a great job, but if you leave in on too long it can melt plastic.

Comment

Blow dryer for me.
          Bike is sold

Comment

peel them off and use wd40 or goo-gone to get rid of the stickyness
            Hello World.

Comment

I did just like MIBagentQ's description.

Do not use a heat gun thinking hotter is better...I watched a friend do just that and it had a similar effect as paint stripper.
              Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

I wouldn't use any other solvent other than Goo B Gone, or WD40. Other chemicals can break down your clearcoat and screw up your paint job. Just be careful and take your time.
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Its amazing how tuff the finish is though..before we tried goo gone, we actually tried gasonline, which by the way didnt work, we wiped it down clean, and then used goo gone to get the left over residue off.

The stock finish is tuff, but of course, not immune to the wrong kind of chemicals.

Comment

Dont by any means take those stickers off. They contain very important safety information.
                    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
                    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by UFO8MyCow
                      Dont by any means take those stickers off. They contain very important safety information.
                      now THATS funny!

Comment

if its on metal use a razor blade, we do that all the time at work, dont be skurred

Comment

I'd heat it up and then just use dish soap to disolve the rest of the adhesive. I'm sure WD40 would work just as well, but the soap seems less corrosive. just my $0.02
                          Experience is the hardest teacher, it gives the test first and the lesson afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by Plutonium
                            I'd heat it up and then just use dish soap to disolve the rest of the adhesive. I'm sure WD40 would work just as well, but the soap seems less corrosive. just my $0.02
                            if ever used dish soap for washing a car, you would know that it fades paint. never use any dish washing detergent on any car surface.

its like blogona on paint
                            ------------------------------------------------------
                            Lean in Lean out.
                            ------------------------------------------------------
                            1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
                            2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD
                            2000 TL1000RR silver, SOLD
                            2000 yamaha R1 red katana

-------------------------------------------------------

Comment

good advice
                              A fucked up ride is better than a dressed up walk

Comment

Working...
                              X