X

What to do with seat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with seat?

My bike is black and red, i want to something with the seat. Other thana braada cowl. Those things are hideous IMO..

Second looks was blowing out seat covers for kats at one time...

http://www.exoticsportbike.com/gsx_katana_750_(89-04).htm

Comment

make sure you do something nice to the seat. Cause I've seen a lot of seats that look hideous, too

Comment

Re: What to do with seat?

Originally posted by jstang209
        My bike is black and red, i want to something with the seat. Other thana braada cowl. Those things are hideous IMO..

the cowls look hideous? what crack are you smoking.

Comment

i got a 96 kat and i have the same problem. its covered in grey right now and i want it black some how. should i paint it or try to find a cover? i looked everywhere and im comin up with nothing.

Comment

seat

take a trip to a fabric store, like jo ann's, get some marine grade vinyl or leather. there are different types and colors. choose one with some stretch to it. then recover it yourself. i did mine in 2 hours including removing the old. took some figuring out on where to start and be able to get it to form, but not to bad. cost me like $10. difficulty level is maybe a 4 out of 10, if that bad.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

check out this link. haven't tried them out yet, but they look good. the two tone katana seat is just what I was looking for.
              Warning!! Will ride at anytime for no reason.

Comment

Re: What to do with seat?

Originally posted by 87vert
                Originally posted by jstang209

the cowls look hideous? what crack are you smoking.
                His Opinion right, what crack you smokn' for liking them.

I dont like the tall cowls personally, I like the lower ones alot better.
                Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

When I get time Im going to the local auto upolstry shop near me
                  I want to make the rear part of the seat where the Braada cowl would go gray as close as the color of my bike when Im riding 2 up, last summer I ordered on LUI cover on ebay the color didnt match and seem to small to fit then realized the covers only fit 98-01 Kat seats since I have an 05

Comment

Originally posted by XKillerEliteX
                    When I get time Im going to the local auto upolstry shop near me
                    I want to make the rear part of the seat where the Braada cowl would go gray as close as the color of my bike when Im riding 2 up, last summer I ordered on LUI cover on ebay the color didnt match and seem to small to fit then realized the covers only fit 98-01 Kat seats since I have an 05
                    The 98+ seats should be interchangable.
                    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                    -Terence

Comment

I guess but I think the foaming is different but anyway I just dont like the color of the seat skin and second look is under new ownership and there webpage isn't working

Comment

Working...
                      X