X

Modifications and feedback.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifications and feedback.

Hey.. I was thinking of doing a couple of simple aesthetic modifications to my pre 98.. I was going to do the gutter mesh mod and make it gold if possible (any ideas on how do to this?) or just make it yellow to match my rims. The next was using chrome vinyl decal to modiy the tail fairing so that it looks more like chrome than gray.

The other ideas include a couple of decals.. but I'm not sure which one really looks better, I was hoping I could get some feedback from you guys.

Right now

Idea #1

Idea #2

The #1 idea is a little more conservative I feel because it keeps the matching for my bike in a similar theme (just gold/yellow), but the red is kind of bold and interesting. What do you guys think? Or do you have any better ideas that I don't have here? Should I keep the gutter mesh just the polished alluminum color or stick with the yellow/gold?

Thanks!

By the way.. those are just some photoshops so use it as a rough idea and don't judge which one looks 'better' by the actual quality of the two photoshops.. try to imagine how real life decals and mods would look like on a real life bike.

I would say that I prefer idea #1 in therms of placement of the sticker. I would say go with yellow more than gold. Does look decent though. I am debating how I like that hole though. I am not sure if it is a love it or hate it with putting mesh in such a big hole. I definately like the mesh in the tail piece though. Looking on it, the GSXF doesnt look too bad on the tail. Not a big fan of the Japanese katana symbol though, or maybe its the placement.
    Roops Photography|facebook|
    03 GSXR 1000
    04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
    Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

#3, Hold the kanji. Those "heel guards" are aluminum. They will polish up if you want then shiny.

Nice mock ups.. really makes it easy to decide on things.

Comment

I like #2 looks sweet to me

Comment

I like #2 as well. Man that is a beauty of a Kat there!
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

By the second idea do you guys all mean the red one or the gold one? (I have 3 pics, but only 2 "ideas" so I don't know which pics people are referring to).

BP, I got a 600 so the heel gaurds are just part of the plastic, there is no aluminum piece to go over it unfortunately .

The one thing that concerns me about Idea #2 (the red one) is that I do have saddlebags so whenever I travel with those on it will cover up the tail decal. It does look sharp on the end there though I think, it would just be a shame no one can see it when i'm tournig around.

Comment

Yup, I am referring to the red decals.
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

I think idea 1 sounds better.

Comment

Working...
                X