X

Alarms for Kats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarms for Kats

What do people think about alarms for Katanas? I will start keeping my bike outside more since it is getting warmer here. I know that no bike is unstealable, I just want to make it as hard as possible. Does anyone have any info on which brands are good? Also, how difficult are they to install? The packages say 20 minutes, but I really doubt that. I was at speedwerks.com and saw one that looked OK.

Let me know what you think.
    Mikey B.
    '95 Katana 600
    Line-X Kat

Looks like a nice one, and speedwerks will standby their products too, so u know ur good to go there. The scorpion alarms are probably the most popular ones these days.

The pager system is the best part of these, IMO.

While nothing is fool proof, the more difficult you can make it, the better right!

Comment

I got a tarp with a cheapy alarm built in and a cable lock through it . Good for parking at the house , but otherwise ...
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

As soon as i get tax refund check, I am going to get the Scorpion model with remote. I garage mine but I would like a small piece of mind when i go to lunch and can't seee my Kat sometimes.

Comment

Where can I find Info on these Scorpion Alarms. Also, how hard is installation?
          Mikey B.
          '95 Katana 600
          Line-X Kat

Comment

Man, sure could use one of those trunk monkeys. You would have to get him some gear though, and he may fit under a solo cowl.
            I'm sorry, I dont know where that came from. I would like information on the Scorpion Alarm as well.
            2000 Kat 600
            "Fast Blue"
            Pic in Profile

Comment

I just discovered yesterday that someone was trying to jam something into my ignition and steal the bike so i am going to definetly look at alarms on my next day off.
              I've already had one bike stolen, i don't want to lose another.
              Andre

Comment

Do you mean scorpio alarms? http://www.scorpioalarms.com/home.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by andre66
                  I just discovered yesterday that someone was trying to jam something into my ignition and steal the bike so i am going to definetly look at alarms on my next day off.
                  I've already had one bike stolen, i don't want to lose another.
                  Andre
                  was that at ur house, or in a parking lot somewhere ? just curious.

Comment

Here is a link for the Scorpio, not sure if Speedwerks sells these or not.

What is nice about these is they sell a wireing harness that plugs directly into the kat. (97-02 atleast)
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                      was that at ur house, or in a parking lot somewhere ? just curious.
                      In the underground parking of my condo.

Comment

i just bought a scorpio alarm two days ago from ebay it was the best price i could find $355.00 for the SE mold with the connector & shipping to canada.

Comment

Ok.. I got my alarm at the dealership for a hundred it's a gorilla( I think that is how to spell it) It's got a pissed off monkey on the front of the box.
                          Anyways I the alarm took 5 min to install hook it up to the battery and tucked it behind the light. Super sensitive, dosent do much good at work but in a mall parking lot people see someone messin with a bike that goes DO DE DO DE DO DE WREE WREE WREE WREE. And I can hear it in the house no problem, thats what I got it for cause I dont have a garage.
                          2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
                          vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
                          JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

Comment

We've got the scorpio alarms, and we've sold a bunch of them and installed them on bikes at the shop. They really are an easy install and they are a great alarm. They come highly recommended by Speedwerks! It's just that extra bit of security that can make the difference on your bike when those would-be thieves are around. I've also written a little review:

If you're not on a SpeedWerks bike, you're probably behind one.

www.speedwerks.com

Comment

I see that they are good alarms. However, they do not make them for my 95 GSX 600F. Do you recommend anyone else?
                              Mikey B.
                              '95 Katana 600
                              Line-X Kat

Comment

Working...
                              X