X

tinting blinkers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tinting blinkers

Not sure if this has been answered before, but i was wondering if it's worth tinting the front stock blinkers (2000 kat) or just to get the clear and either keep them like they are or give them a light coat. I was planning on using the tint spray you can get from pepboys, i've used it before on car lights. I don't want them too dark that you can't really see them blinking during the day, but just darker to go with the red/black bike

Any pictures of the stock ones or even the clear ones tinted would be great or any advice. Thanks

I wouldnt do it. I want my blinkers to be as visible as possible
    Roops Photography|facebook|
    03 GSXR 1000
    04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
    Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

that's true, and that's why i don't want them dark, just a light light tint ...the stocks are a dark yellow to begin with so one coat of it may be too dark i dunno. I was hoping someone has done this and has some pics

Comment

Why not buy the smoked one from Clear Alternatives?

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
          Why not buy the smoked one from Clear Alternatives?

http://clearalternatives.com/Merchan..._Code=COLOREDK
          thats what I would do but I happen to like the stock blinkers for now...

Comment

i like those lenses, if i have to i'll end up spending the $75 on the smoked ones, but i can smoke the stock ones out for a couple dollars myself IF anyone has tried this or has any pictures please throw them up here. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by t0nnn
              i like those lenses, if i have to i'll end up spending the $75 on the smoked ones, but i can smoke the stock ones out for a couple dollars myself IF anyone has tried this or has any pictures please throw them up here. thanks
              try it out, post some pics.....if it isn't what you were going for, spend the $.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

true, i'll prolly end up doing that

Comment

i would tint clear ones if I tinted anything. When you tint amber signals they always look like crap unless you make them really dark. A light tint just makes them look dirty
                  Emile

Comment

Working...
                  X