X

Paint by the end of the month...sneak peak at new lighting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint by the end of the month...sneak peak at new lighting

Well, I finally got back at it and the body is almost done. Tank has been modified along with the frontend and while fitting my old "streetfighter" lights into the fairing, I noticed moisture in one and a bug in the other (what can I say, there were a good deal...)

In any case, I decided to change directions with the lighting and upgrade a little...got a couple of these a few days ago

Which has lead to this...

I had been searching at a couple plastic supply houses for the perfect abs tube that would fit the 2 1/2" projector beams and was striking out. One of the salemen did some checking and found that standard black abs plumbing pipe was compatible and could be plastic welded to the fairing material. Of course, ABS plastic pipe comes in 2" and 3"...not 2 1/2" but as luck would have it, a 2" coupling is just large enough to fit the lights perfectly...SCORE! Let me know what you think.

Wow thats looking good !! Excellent job.. cant wait to see it painted!!

Comment

Quick question, anyone on the board deal with vinyl graphics?

Comment

Looking Good. How long did it take you to mold the lights in? Whatis the colors going to be? The black and yellow combo? Hurry up and get it done. We all want to see it.
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
          Quick question, anyone on the board deal with vinyl graphics?
          i thought speedwerks did something like that. i think i read it somewhere in a post.. i might try them if you can't find anybody else
          if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

Originally posted by Highsight2020
            Looking Good. How long did it take you to mold the lights in? Whatis the colors going to be? The black and yellow combo? Hurry up and get it done. We all want to see it.
            Basically picked up the plastic tube in the morning, had them welded in before dinner. Actually, I'm going semi matte black, with some charcoal logos, lettering and a totally different color for a couple strips and logos

Comment

man, your bike is lookin sweet. its been a while and im glad to see you're almost there. keep it up.

Comment

Wow, very cool, you tease.
                Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

I am SOOOO looking forward to the finished product. It seems like it's been years since you started this bike......... wait.... has it!?!?!?

The lights look awesome... now get back out there and FINISH HER!!!

Comment

Did some work on the tank when I got home from work tonight. As you know, there are two indentations at the rear/base of the kat tanks to accomdate the where the front seat flows into the tank.

Switching to the SP2 tail/seat unit left those two indentations unused and looking a bit out of place so guess what...no more indentations. They are no molded in and should be complete invisible by the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
                      I am SOOOO looking forward to the finished product. It seems like it's been years since you started this bike......... wait.... has it!?!?!?

The lights look awesome... now get back out there and FINISH HER!!!
                      Yeah your right, it techinically has been years, but it's gone from stock faired bike to naked streetfighter wanna be to the most recent incantation. This is it man, this is the final version for sure (I know famous last words). I've already told Sarah that if I start to change it again once it's all painted to MAKE me sell it.

Comment

Very very cool, can't wait to see!!!!!!!!
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

very 999 looking - schweet - how many watts are those piaa's?
                          I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Originally posted by paperairplane
                            how many watts are those piaa's?

says so on the box in the picture..

Lookin SCHWEET!

Comment

d@mn you chris.....

<homer>
                              I am so smart! S M R T! I mean, S M A R T!
                              </homer>
                              I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                              X