X

I think I finally conquered black

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I finally conquered black

I have always avoiding painting black because it can be quite tricky. well....I could always do it, but it never came out as nice as I wanted it to. but I picked up a few useful tips doing DoubleD's bike from the guy who's paintroom I used.
    I applied those tecniques to newrides fender, and voila....perfection!

I think my bike will be black in the near future

this is just straight from the gun....no polishing applied to it yet.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

oh.....and the paint supply store screwed up and gave me polyester basecoat. I had to use it cuz I didn't have time to go back and exchange it. I was not even sure it was going to be ok with the clear I use. it takes longer to dry, but has a semi-shine to it when it does. not as flat as basic enamal. I think it actually increases the shine level, and might try it again in other colors. this was my first time using it.

Comment

My Gix would look real nice all black
      Guylaine
      Try and keep up now

Comment

Looks kinda dusty...
        Is it flat black?

Comment

Ohhh.
          Never mind.. It was my screen...

Comment

Nice!
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
              Ohhh.
              Never mind.. It was my screen...

Looks good mojoe!
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Looks good!! Believe it or not, black is a color I have no problem with, I have more problems with metallics than anything. Any advice for me there?
                The only thing I have done to help with my metallics is to adjust my gun on a very wide pattern and spray the part at a bit of a 'distance' compared to where I would normally hold the gun. Seems to work, but I know there has to be a better way. Thanks in advance Mojoe...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy
                  Looks good!! Believe it or not, black is a color I have no problem with, I have more problems with metallics than anything. Any advice for me there?
                  The only thing I have done to help with my metallics is to adjust my gun on a very wide pattern and spray the part at a bit of a 'distance' compared to where I would normally hold the gun. Seems to work, but I know there has to be a better way. Thanks in advance Mojoe...
                  I am the opposite.....I can spray metallics like no ones business. and ya....do it like you say......wider spray and keep some distance. however, I found the way that works best for me is just spray in closer as normal to get full and solid coverage, then come way back and widen the spray for one coat like this. covering in close first reduces the amount of paint you use. less lost in the air.

Comment

Working...
                  X