X

Color Sanding help?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Sanding help?

Hey guys, I just finished getting the clear on all my parts yesterday and I am going to start color sanding tomorrow. I did a small peice and it came out okay.

I am starting with 1500 since I have some decent orange peel and then going to a 2000 grit wetsand. From there I need to polish it, but I don't know what to use?

I know there are different compounds, but which ones do I need? A medium and a fine? I know nothing about polishing compounds so if anyone knows about them, please post up.
    2004 R6
    2000 SVT Contour

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

I am not sure what you mean by "color" sanding, but save yourself LOTS of time by wetsanding with 600 to get the orange peel out, then go over it with 1000.....then polish it. this is assuming you have an adequate amount of clear and will be using a buffer.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

ok....I went and looked at the pics of the painted parts. FORGET what I said about sanding with 600. I can tell just by looking at the pics that you did not put nearly enough clear on your parts. in fact, I think you should wetsand with 1000....just a bit to scuff it up. then give it some more clear. at least 2 more GOOD coats.
        from the way the pics look, I am going to say you don't even have enough room for one good polishing without breaking through the clear. and if you do manage one, that will be your last one. it looks good in general, but definately not enough clear.

how many coats did you put?
        This is 5 coats with fast drying reducer/hardner.....all 5 coats put on in about 8 minutes. It has not been polished yet.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
        X