Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Chopped the Shovel Today and Added Clear Rear Signals !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chopped the Shovel Today and Added Clear Rear Signals !

Probably not too exciting for you guys that have owned a Kat for a while, but I don't even have my plate yet, and I chopped the shovel today. It was KILLING me it was so ugly. I also put in some slim/short clear lens rear signals. Still need to buy the fronts.

I'll probably do some more trimming\chopping\cutting when I get my plate on. I don't think it will be long before I do away with the factory rear fender completely and make my own eliminator. This will do for now though.

This pic didn't upload right, but you can see the chopped shovel and new lights.

I decided to keep the reflectors, I just had to move them up a bit.
    -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
    -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Say, does anybody make a carbon fiber grab bar for our bikes?
    -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

Comment

Yup, i did the same thing but I trimmed off the reflectors too...
      "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

I decided to keep them for safety since my bike is so dark. But I am looking for white reflectors the same size. I plan to replace the amber front fork reflectors and these red rear reflectors with white.

With clear lenses on my signals, (and eventually the tail) I think they'll blend in pretty well.
        -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

Comment

I give ya an A for effort. and it's all about what you want, not what I want.. But why not just cut off the last 3" of the shovel.. ?? It would clean up that back end so much nicer, imo..
          Again, it's what YOU like not what I like.. It's yer bike.. I don't want to sound like a d**k, but I woulda just went all the way..

Comment

Hey man, looks great, but IMHO, I would trim the shovel to the exact size you need to keep the license bracket and an area to mount the signals.
            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by mharrison
              I decided to keep them for safety since my bike is so dark. But I am looking for white reflectors the same size. I plan to replace the amber front fork reflectors and these red rear reflectors with white.
              I took off the red reflectors and put 3M black reflective vinyl. Barely noticable most times, but shines bright white/grey at night.

Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

When I get my plate I'll probably fab up a bracket and get rid of the whole fender.

I was just putting on my slim lights and thought I'd cut on the shovel a bit. The factory fender was KILLING me.
                I'm not done, but I'm MUCH happier with it. It is a work in progress, ultimately, I want an undertail and a hugger.

I like the 3M Black Reflective Tape Idea. I was actually talking to a friend of mine yesterday about how I would like to find something like the reflective black stripes on the old Mopar GTX's and RoadRunners!
                -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

Comment

Much better then OEM. I like those blinkers.

I don't know of any carbon grab bar makers but you could always grab the roll of carbon look vinyl and make it look like it! Ford furious did his dash in that stuff and it looks nice.
                  "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                  JOHN 16:33

Comment

nice graphics
                    All Ryders are Welcome
                    www.streetstealaz.com

Comment

Working...
                    X