X

Finally got her painted

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got her painted

Im new to this forum but wanted to start off on the right foot. I bought my bike in January and started working on it in Febuary. It looked like this at first:

And after a few months of sanding and painting and some body work here and there, she now looks like this:

Its not perfect but for now Im satisified with the results. I still have a few small things to do here and there but those are minor details.[/img]

no offense, but it only looks half done. I can appreciate the use of black and white, but just not so sure you devided it a good way. I really hate putting down anyones ride, which I am trying to avoid doing now. I am just curious if you have asked anyone what they really think, or if anyone mentioned anything? gotta be honest....I just can't get that idea to fit in my head. anyone else think this or am I just being an ass? I just think you need to go all white or all black.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

will you be using any graphics to finish it off? I agree with Mojoe that it looks a little unfinished. Some black graphics on the white may tie it all togetehr though.

Good on ya for doing it yourself.

cheers

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Now that you bring it up and I actually look at the pictures, it does look kinda bland. For some in real life it looks different than in the pics. I never thought about any graffics or anything like that but I might take a look around at a few ideas.

Comment

something to consider would be some black graphics on the whit areas and I would look at some sort of whit fade at the front of the tail plastics. That way your white doesn't cut of so abruptly.

As for graphics, there is so much to chose from. If your any good at photoshop, play around. I always liked the idea of a tribal dragon or something along those lines. it might work ok.

good luck

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I enjoy 2 color paint jobs, and I like your bike. It does however, look unfinished. Black and white can be cool, but you need to have it set up right, some faiding or stripes breaking up the distinct lines you have at tme moment.

I do agree with you though, a picture just doesn't show the real effect.
            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

it probably doesn't help that you still havn't put the mirrors, signals and lower fairings on it. So i guess the fact that it is unfinished, might have something to do with the unfinished look

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I think it needs to have smooth lines. It shouldnt look like you just randomly replaced parts, like a black car just putting on white fenders. It needs to look like some sort of flow from one color to the next throughout the bike.
                Roops Photography|facebook|
                03 GSXR 1000
                04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

IMo you need some kind of smooth lines trying to blend both colors
                  Watch for your Guardian Angel
                  750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

Working...
                  X