X

painter in albuquerque??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painter in albuquerque??

anyone in the albuquerque area that paints?....pro or not, just looking for someone other than myself. ill buy all supplies and pay a fair wage.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

fyi.....you can ship all body panels plus tank to me for about $65, another $65 to get them back. add $500 for a very nice paintjob, and you have $630 invested. that includes all materials. keep this in mind if you can't find a better deal locally. I can supply references to my work.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

thanks mojoe, ill keep you in mind when im ready. pricing around here alittle also.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

totally understandable. I would do the same. just tossing you an option in case all the prices you are quoted are insane.

Comment

they have been thus far. have been considering using the write up on here and doing it myself over the holiday weekend. only wuestion is clearcoat types. whats giving me the best gloss, and what to use on the tank to resist gas.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerzr2
            they have been thus far. have been considering using the write up on here and doing it myself over the holiday weekend. only wuestion is clearcoat types. whats giving me the best gloss, and what to use on the tank to resist gas.
            just use regular automotive grade clearcoat enamal. they are all made to give you a glass like finish, but it is up to the painter to make it happen....either through the application, or by buffing it after.

Comment

out of curiousity, what kind of quotes are you getting?

Comment

one guy here says he starts prices at 200, but the pics ive seen of his work has a dull gloss. the shops have been between 4 to 6 hundred

Comment

Working...
                X