No announcement yet.
X

HELP changing front headlight bulbs...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP changing front headlight bulbs...

I need help doing this and how do you do it....Thanks
    Hi my nickname is JC, I have a 2004 600 Katanna with a Hindle exuast sytem on it. I like riding and playing NCAA Football 2007 & Madden 2007 on playstation II.

Download a manual here http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13439 And look under electrical chapter 6:38
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Easy stuff. Just reach in, remove the boots that cover the bulbs and switch them out and reattach the boots.
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

ditto with Soldier,piece of cake
        Watch for your Guardian Angel
        750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

lol...ya it was pretty easy....manual say to remove the fairings....but didnt have to...that spring with a bitch to get though lol....Thanks
          Hi my nickname is JC, I have a 2004 600 Katanna with a Hindle exuast sytem on it. I like riding and playing NCAA Football 2007 & Madden 2007 on playstation II.

Comment

I tried to follow the manual... what a load of crap, they want you to take the whole bike apart. Reach in, remove the old light bulb, put in a new lightbulb with out touching it. Took a while to figure out the spring holding in the bulbs, but once we got it it's a joke.

Comment

How about the difference? I know when I switched the difference was huge! How about you guys?
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Yeah ,when I went from a stock to a Silverstar , difference was amazing .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

silverstar? hmmm...going to have to try that. Hey, wait a minute - the pre98's can't be changed out like that, can they? I haven't touched the headlight on mine yet to see.
                  EisBlade
                  Raleigh/Wake Forest, NC

In school, majoring in "bikeless".

Comment

yep silverstar is still one of the best upgrades I have ever done to my kat. I just wish they made the silverstar ultra's in our bulb size.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by EisBlade
                      silverstar? hmmm...going to have to try that. Hey, wait a minute - the pre98's can't be changed out like that, can they? I haven't touched the headlight on mine yet to see.
                      Changed out like what ? It's a bulb , held in place by a couple clips and covered by a rubber boot . Unless you got fat hands , it's not TERRIBLY difficult to get in there and change it out .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

that was me speeking as a complete noob...lol. Having so much other stuff to take care of on the bike, when I tooled around the headlight area, it just seemed to be a complete unit like old cars used to be - a huge headlight assy. I didn't know it was a simple bulb change as was described. That's good to hear, and I'll do that upgrade while the bike is still apart like it is.

Thanks!
                        EisBlade
                        Raleigh/Wake Forest, NC

In school, majoring in "bikeless".

Comment

silverstar ultra's

They have come out with the ultra that my friend at the auto part store sold me... they were 50 bucks with a little 10% discount because he likes me. I was worried because they are not for motorcycles, but my friends said if they burn out, he'll replace them or give me my money back.

Comment

Originally posted by bradcook03 View Post
                            They have come out with the ultra that my friend at the auto part store sold me... they were 50 bucks with a little 10% discount because he likes me. I was worried because they are not for motorcycles, but my friends said if they burn out, he'll replace them or give me my money back.
                            I'm considering the Xeon upgrade, do you think it would be worth it? I have never seen the Xeon lights in action, any input
                            sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

I just bought and installed the Silverstar Ultra bulbs today. I haven't ridden with yet b/c it's been raining. I also had to adjust my headlights to point higher. I don't know how the previous owner was using his/her low beams at all! I usually keep it on high beam anyways. Screw everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X