X

fender registration question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fender registration question

i know the inspections are differnt everywhere but i just wanted to find out who chopped their tail fender off before and those who did it after the inspection? i want to do it now while i have the chance but a few people say that it wont pass if i do. however the ct dmv page does not specify that the bike needs one. any insight would be great.

no inspections in Cali

Comment

You can always find someone to slap a sticker on it if need be.. but really though, the main thing is, that you have ur license plate visible and signals that work..thats all they really care about from a rear end standpoint.

Comment

thats what i was thinking and hoping. i am still unsure if i should or not or if i should go ahead and chop it but make a mock up of it. has anyone used white neons for the lic. plate light?

Comment

white neons? I would use leds... brighter.. you can get directional leds that go where the license plate bolts do. I will be doing that once i get the uhh courage to cut mine off.
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

i was looking for some white leds but couldnt find any since i was going to try to flush mount some into the remains of the under side fender

Comment

there out there...

you could aslo try somethign like this..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
                there out there...

you could aslo try somethign like this..

http://www.customdynamics.com/illumi...nce_plates.htm
                Those look cool, but seem kinda spendy for just a strip of LED's. I bet it would be pertty easy to rig up something similar though for a lot cheaper!
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

I talked to a bike mechanic friend of mine today, he was like, it doesnt matter if the fender is chopped off, as long as the plate is visible.

Comment

thats what i thought and its good to hear. so now i can take that ugly thing off.

Comment

Check out the DEI lite n boltz (ebay/yahoo..etc.) They have different styles, and you can use them with the original harness.. (minor electrical..butt splices)

Comment

Working...
                      X