X

neons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neons

whats better neons or the led ones? i figure the LED ones will not be as birght but do the regular neon tubes break? whats the ups and downs of both?

led's are pretty bright. i'd go with the led's. since they're so small, you wont be able to tell that they're there.
    Hello World.

Comment

I would go with the led's cause the are small and wont need as much power.

Comment

LEDS that is what i put on mine.. Special K, md 86 can testify on their brightness.
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

do they glow nice like neons. i figured sence they are spacecd out thier might be some dark spots in the glowing. any one know wher ei can get em for cheap?

Comment

cheap? hmm that is a hard one... the glow pretty bright.. mine were 6 6" tubes of leds... two front, one each side and two int eh back .. look sweet

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

nothing is as bright as the stock signals, as far as safety is concerned, but the led's do the job just fine. and look hot as hell

Comment

where did you get your 6 6 inch tubes?

Comment

I believe he got them here ...

I have neons on mine , and they haven't broken in 3 years , so I guess that's good ! One doesn't work anymore , though . Either one works fine as far as I'm concerned . I'd worry a bit about heat from a neon as oppsed to an led though ...
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

the best place to find them is ebay. just seach for LEDs. you'll get mad hits for them.
                    if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
                      LEDS that is what i put on mine.. Special K, md 86 can testify on their brightness.
                      I'm going to be putting LEDs on mine. I've got neons now but one came loose and flopped around some and it's now not as bright as the others.

Where did you get your LEDs? I've been looking at Boogie Lights. They've got a 5 LED pod or whatever you call it.

Comment

I just finish putting LED bars on the interior and exterior of a friend's car. These are the brightest I have seen for sale to the public.

They come in all different sizes. If these are not bright enough for you, then go to ---

http://www.code3pse.com/productdtl.a...lyid=22&id=105 -- these are police and emergency vehicle LED's. Same thing that the highway patrol uses on their low profile lights on their cars.

Here is another link to a different company --

Official site for Whelen Engineering. Designers and manufacturers of emergency warning and lighting equipment for Police, Fire, EMS, and DT professionals worldwide. All products Manufactured in America

Just have fun with it, but don't get caught!!!!
                        DON'T HATE THE PLAYA, HATE THE GAME!!

Comment

like m dsaid i bought them from euroeffects.net

this was befor ethe price increase I bought mine for half of what they are now.

As far as not as bright as stock I call shinaniggans my rear leds for the tail lights is waaay more bright than stock... You will just have to come to the rally to see for sure..

Comment

i found some sweet ones on ebay 15 lights per strip and the strips are flexable and for a set of two its like $16 that way i can just get some of that double stick foam tape and follow the curve from inside my fenders should make for super easy install.

Comment

Thats a pretty slick idea, and being a strip should really light up nicely !!

Comment

Working...
                              X