X

Creese Bracket and the plate light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creese Bracket and the plate light

Hey all, Trimming the shovel completly off tonight, and prepping for the install of the creese bracket. Where, or did, you install the license plate light? I can see how to mount the actual light bulb, but with no protection from debris. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

here is a quick pic of what I've got. My 03 does have a different lighting system though as compared to an 01. I took the stock screws holding the license plate light cover on, and screwed these on to the same holes with the same screws. More like mini spot lights

Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
    Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

That's pretty slick jackal..just gave me an idea of for mine this weekend, when my fender comes completely off as well.

Comment

Thanks.

Just so you know, up here there are some legality issues using blue lights to illuminate your license plate. You might want to check your local laws before doing so. I think 95% of the time cops won't even give it a second thought, but if they're looking for an excuse to pull you over it might cost you. As for me, I've still got the stock light working and doing some lighting so they can ticket me if they really want to be an a$$

Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
        Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

my taillight is pretty bright, wish I didnt even need a separate plate light.

Comment

I don't have a light on mine. When I chopped that shovel I completely it if off. It didn't look right.

DON'T HATE THE PLAYA, HATE THE GAME!!

Comment

Zero, you gota dump that macadam tire!
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                Zero, you gota dump that macadam tire!
                I just got my Diablos in today (3/4 ). I'll be working on it this weekend!!!

Comment

Zero, do the cops give you an flack for no license plate light?

Comment

I haven't had a problem. I asked a couple of cops but they shine the flash lish on it and they told me as long as it reflects light and there is nothing covering it, its ok!!

Comment

hhmmm, interesting... i wonder how much that law would differ from PA... think I'll call one my cop buddies tomorrow to find out. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I ran 2 blue LED's on mine. real easy hook up. no cop problems either. I'll take a pic tonight for ya
                        rock
                        always working on mods

Comment

like the lights!

Comment

Working...
                          X