X

Need advice..painting..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice..painting..

OK, so I got my cowl yesterday, and Im ordering the paint from color rite and shipping that and the cowl off to a certain bald minnesota mexican, to get it taken care of for me .

Question is..should I get the lower black body work painted to match the rest of the steel blue color? or leave it black? There's something to be said for the black, it kinda adds alittle dimension to the bike..but also, the unique styling that comes with a bike all the same color says alot too. Not sure what to do. I could go either way at this point.

Thoughts ?

IMHO, without a doubt color match the lowers. I wouldn't even put a second thought into it. But that's just me.

Comment

no leave it black, you need contrast, i need that with my bike thus me getting it painted soon.

Comment

i agree with AHF..colormatch. you have a great color kat so you should go with the FLOW. unless you powdercoat your swingarm and the rest of the "silver" parts black.
        Hello World.

Comment

I had thought about power coating, but thats alittle down the line..after getting the cowl done, new exhaust and clear signals as well.

crunchie likes the black, I could go either way.

Comment

oohhh u know what would look badass? powdercoat your rims gold like the dragons
            Hello World.

Comment

dangit matt, color match the cowl and belly pans
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Color match!!!!!!!

But you knew that already anyways...

Sincerely, your bald minnesota mexican.
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

I like the contrast, too. I vote for black.
                  (But if you go monotone I won't hold it against you. )
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by irenekat
                    oohhh u know what would look badass? powdercoat your rims gold like the dragons
                    Leave it black and powder coat the rims like Irenekat said. I think that would look killer!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

2000, did u consider leaving ur lower bodywork black instead of putting the flames on, or was that a no brainer to stick em on. ?

Comment

The only pics I found of yours were dark, but this will give you an idea.

Color matched is bad a$$!

Comment

UMMMMMMM, They were on there when I bought my Kat.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

hhhmmm..u have a point there AHF..thanx for the little photochop,that kinda puts it into perspective alittle better !!!!

DUH ! my bad Fred..I forgot about that, my brain is fried today..

Comment

Can I temp you with a little more? Excuse the bad chop...

Comment

Working...
                              X