X

They are trying to rip me off!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are trying to rip me off!

I just got my Braada cowl, thanks Jim, and went down to American Autobody and got an estimate to see how much it would cost me to get it painted. Do you know how much they said? 200 bucks!!!!!! I was like: "k, thanks, bye!"

Does anyone know of a good autobody shop that isnt full of BULL$#!T

Thanks!

just buy some color mtching paint and do it yourself.. it really is not that hard to do as long as you take your time...
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

yea you can do it yourself, if you want when/if i get in to collision and im in my refinishing par i will paint ANYTHING for anybody, forfree, you just pay for supplies. so yea just take your time youll be happy that you did, and if you get a run dont worry just wet sand, and redo that coat

Comment

hmm maybe I will have my camaro or nova ready by then... hmmmmm

Muust beee niiice tooo duff.. braaaain reesiissts.. muuuussttt beee niiccee to duuufff...
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Uhm yea, bet they do lots of insurance work don't they.

Options....
          1) Pull out your local yellow pages and look up bodyshops. Ignore all the big display ads and look for the small text ad thats just "JohnnyJoe's(or whatever)" body shop and give them a call. Tell them you've got a piece that is approx. 2 sq foot of coverage and about 90% prepped that you need painted. Let them know that it's for a bike and that they need to scan and mix or you can supply the correct paint and or paint code from color-rite.

2)Look for the local hotrod friday night meet and go check it out. talk to the car owners and ask them if they know a good painter. Chances are there is a custom shop with a good rep near you that is fairly young and still grabbing for all the business they can get. Ask around, some of the best painters and cheapest painters in the world are guys working PT out of thier garage or just opened shop and are making a name for themselves.

3)Buy a little sandpaper, a couple of rattle cans from color-rite, take a read thru Lou's how-to in the bodyshop and go to town. Even if you completely screw it up the first time and have to buy another can of paint, you will learn something that you can use again and again for other projects. It's not that hard to paint and do a good job, it just takes a little practice. For all that matter go buy some $2 cans of junk paint and practice on something else first.

4) Try posting a WTB in the classifieds here. There are a few guys on the board with painting experience that might like to pick up a couple of bucks and help another member.

Don't get discouraged, there IS someone out there that will paint it for you for $100 or less, usually less. You just have to look around.
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Trust me, it is Very Easy. Do as the others said and you will do just fine, if you decided to do it yourself, shoot me or Corey (UFO8MyCow) a pm, and we can help too.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
            X