X

Polishing Lips HELP!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polishing Lips HELP!!

I have a 2001 kay 600 with the stock grey wheels and I started polishing the lips and the aircraft stripper will not take anything off. I figured it would take that grey paint off but no I am having to hand sand any ideas of a easier way?

I used this stuff:

It took 3 applications with steel wool between coats but it did come off.
    Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Read this thread also...

I have some tips there for stripping rims as well..

Comment

Originally posted by Breeze
        Read this thread also...

I have some tips there for stripping rims as well..
        http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3370
        The coating on the +98 rim does not come off as easily as yours did. I had a buddy with the same bike as yours and it did come off as easily as yours. Mine required like I said, 3 separate coats and steel wool...regular stripper did not do anything.
        Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Over time I've heard that there can be some differences in the paint used on 98+ rims (my '01 black paint came off quite easily). It may not be actually different paint so much as it can be variance in the application process. Never the less, there have been some people having difficulty getting it done. That Aircraft Stripper is about the strongest stuff you can use. What climate are you in? Temperature you're working in?

Comment

Easiest way....

Chrome
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

are you letting the stripper sit per the directions - it may take time to work and may need more than one coat
              I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

I used that JASCO stuff. That crap alost ate through my hand after it ate through the rubber glove.
                DON'T HATE THE PLAYA, HATE THE GAME!!

Comment

Working...
                X