No announcement yet.
X

Ok really , should I paint myself?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds good, but about how many cans of aerosal would you go thorugh. I noticed that the color-rite cans are $33 a piece on their site, if I went with the hayabusa silver color. Geez.

Comment

if you are not trying to match the original color, and going with something different, then stay away from color-rite. It is way too expensive. you can get a similar silver from an automotive paint supplier in a rattle can, or go with dupli-color. you will save 50% or more by doing this.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

oh....and to do it all, get 3 cans of base at least, cuz you are likely to make mistakes.....and you will probably need somewhere in the area of 7-8 cans of clear to get at least 3 coats of clear.

fyi.....painting with rattle cans is expensive.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Awesome thanks for all the help guys. I'm going to have to go the rattle can method and I don't have an air gun as of yet, but I'm thinking I might get a cheap one since I have a compressor and try and spray it, if it is cheaper that way. But thanks for all the advice and I"ll post up some pics when I get it all done. I think I've decided on Hayabusa copper and black and the scheme, how I'm going to lay it out I'm still determining.

Comment

Sweet lou's paint guide rules!

Comment

Working...
            X