Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What's the best way to clean Polished rims?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best way to clean Polished rims?

Just had my rims polished out and i was wondering what's the best way to care for them and clean them,And how often should they be cleaned?If they get dirty,How long can they stay dirty before the dirt on them starts to damage them? I have some All Rim wheel cleaner and i was wondering if it would be o.k. to clean them with that,Followed by Liquid metal polish.
    97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

keep them clean with soap and water. use Mother's mag & aluminum polish to shine them up if they start to look dull.

Comment

My rims seem to get the dirtiest the quickest..for obvious reasons...so it requires some work to keep them immaculate, if thats what ur looking for.

Comment

Soap and water then Blue Magic to maintain the shine. Mothers once a month or so. I also use WD-40 to get chain lube off the rear.
        Ron
        MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

You could also clean your rims, then get them clear coated, that way the dirt won't damage them.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
          X