No announcement yet.
X

Windshield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about wind noise? That's the main thing I'm looking to eliminate. I wear earplugs, have a good helmet, but the wind noise still bothers me.

What are the sightlines like? Do you still look over the top of the screen, or are you looking partially through it?

I'm about 5cm shorter than you, so it sounds like it might be enough, but with riding position, etc, it's hard to tell...

Comment

I.m 5'8 (172cm) so this screen does a decent job for me. It could be a little higher though as it does not drive the wind right over my head. I find the wind is directed in a good place pushing against my shoulders just right to help get some lift off the bars. This makes the ride more comfortable.

The Givi DH158 screen is the tallest screen available for the kat. I think it finishes at 17 or 18" above the fairing which puts it 5" or 6" taller than stock.

I have not used a Zero Gravity product before. Other members use them and like them. When I was searching for a screen I talked to several retailers that advised against a Zero Gravity product. They all said Zero Gravity did not perform quality tests on their poducts. Truly, I think it is because you can buy one online less than what you can at retail.
      R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Working...
      X