X

Price to paint a seat cowling?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price to paint a seat cowling?

Hey, i was just wondering if anyone knows on avg. how much an autobody shop would charge to paint the Braada seat cowling for a 02 Katana. I am too scared to paint it myself. Thanks!

Most bodyshops are going to hit you for around $75ish depending on location and quality of the shop.
    Tip for ya, if you have anything else you want painted the same color you can normally get them to throw it in too really cheap since the paint is already mixed and being sprayed. Normally it is just whatever additional prep they have... something to think about for your lowers, chainguard, top clamp or other small parts you might want to match.
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Hmmm...

Do you think they would be able to touch up some small scratches from when I laid my baby down?

Comment

Here are a couple of tips about bodyshops that might help you out.

Most of them can or will figure out how to do anything you are willing to pay for.

Stay away from the big name shops you always hear advertised on the radio. They do mostly insurance work and they are pricey. You get what you pay for but that is no reason to pay too much for it.

Ask around for a good name and try to stick to smaller local owned shops. If it is not an insurance claim and you are paying cash they are much more willing to work with you.

Don't call them, visit them in person to get the estimate in the middle of the day. Bodyshops are usually slammed first thing in the morning and last thing at night. You want to be able to talk to them, ask a couple of questions and let them know your looking for a deal.

When you drop your part off do it at the end of the day. A 12 of Bud Light with it is almost always a good thing! It may not get you a big discount but it will most likely get you more than you barganed for in the way of making sure your stuff is done RIGHT. It will also go a long way toward the next time you need something done.
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Tip.. there is a certain member who can paint your cowl for you, and anything you need, as well as touch up some dings too.. goes by the handle of crazy mexican.. or is it sweet lou

You might look him up and see if he has time to do it these days.

Comment

Tip send it to me with about $40 bucks and the paint code and I can get it painted for you. If you have seen my bike then you know how it will turn out. You know it is good paint job when you can see the tree shadows in the paint in my pics when I was moving.
            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by Highsight2020
              Tip send it to me with about $40 bucks and the paint code and I can get it painted for you. If you have seen my bike then you know how it will turn out. You know it is good paint job when you can see the tree shadows in the paint in my pics when I was moving.
              Dangit! Where were you 5 days ago when i asked about my solo cowl paint LOL...I just spent $70.01 on paint for it (1 can of top coat and 1 can of base coat) from Color-rite...But i gotta paint an undertail too so hopefully the 2 cans will cover both.

Comment

piad 50 dollars even for it and the guys gave me the extra batch they had.
                "What curse? You just sucked for 86 years!"

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
                  Tip.. there is a certain member who can paint your cowl for you, and anything you need, as well as touch up some dings too.. goes by the handle of crazy mexican.. or is it sweet lou

You might look him up and see if he has time to do it these days.
                  Its really easy to do, but unfortunatly, Corey and I are swamped with trying to get my bike done, and getting everything set up for the Charity run. But you could get the stuff from Color Right and do it yourself! All you really need to get from them is the Color Can, there primer and clear SUX!!!!!! It is damn near impossible to get a even coat with their primer and clear! Damn nozzle tip cans! For primer and clear, I would go with Dupli-Color. THey have a Fan-Tip nozzle, so spraying is easy as cake. Good Luck!
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Speaking of color rite.. where the hell is my color right tshirt and sticker lou ?

Comment

i think i paid about 6.50 to get mine painted

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
                        Speaking of color rite.. where the hell is my color right tshirt and sticker lou ?
                        You know, I was looking at that last night, and thinking of how the hell I could pack that inside a beer can and ship it to you

Time to see what that press is really made of I think!!!
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                        X