No announcement yet.
X

Revers glow gauge install problem...please help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Beek, Do you have a pic of the tractor needle? Did you use it on the speedo and tach? How hard is it to get the old needles off? If painting the needles, what would you suggest? Sorry for all of the questions at one time. Just did this mod last night. Couldn't get the green led's to work for some reason. Everything else went fine.
    "Do or Do Not, There is No Try!"
    -Yoda

"Ryde or Die"
    -DMX

Comment

Sorry, I just realized it was speedee that did it. My bad.
      -Yoda

"Ryde or Die"
      -DMX

Comment

Originally posted by thurockk
        Hey Beek, Do you have a pic of the tractor needle? Did you use it on the speedo and tach? How hard is it to get the old needles off? If painting the needles, what would you suggest? Sorry for all of the questions at one time. Just did this mod last night. Couldn't get the green led's to work for some reason. Everything else went fine.
        Did you run into the same problem with fuel gauge too ?

Comment

yep, I fooled with it for about 20 minutes couldn't get it. Took a small piece off of the end, slid right on. I am gonna take the needles off later and paint them. You can't see the stock needles very well at all.
          -Yoda

"Ryde or Die"
          -DMX

Comment

are they that bad that you reall cant see them too well at night?

Comment

With my tinted shield, I can barely see the needles. During the day, their OK. I need to start taking my clear shield on long trips anyway. They would definitely be better painted. I just don't want to take it apart again.

Comment

I haven't ridden mine at night yet, still rebuilding from the crash last year. I am waiting on the body to come back from my paint guy sometime this week. I was thinking of trying to get some bright orange nail polish and just laying a coat of that down. What do you guys think? How hard is it to take the needles off?
                -Yoda

"Ryde or Die"
                -DMX

Comment

You know, just a thought on the needle problem...

You can buy led's that emit uv light (Blacklight). If that was the case, you could mount a couple blacklight led's into each bezel area, and paint the needle with a blacklight reacting paint. Then you would be able to see the needle no problem.

I am just not sure if there would be any washouton the face of the gauge or not, but may be worth a try. Lets Ride will be sending me some soon, and I will give it a try and see how it works.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

I just got done painting my needles with, get this, flourescent orange nail polish. They look great right now, but it is too late to hook them up and see how they look lit up. I will let ya'll know later how it looks lit up
                    -Yoda

"Ryde or Die"
                    -DMX

Comment

Working...
                    X