X

1100 Plactics on a pre 98 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 Plactics on a pre 98 600

To get an idea on what i am trying here i need to reference my other post in the mechanics 101 department

ok with the idea of a polished motor i am wondering if the 1100 Kat fairings will fit on a pre 98 600 frame. since the 1100 has different bolt holes under the "head" of the fairing where the 750 and the 600 have single piece fairings

I am just wondering here
    Thanks ahead guys

For an example i am borrowing an 1100 pic here on KR to explain what i am trying to accomplish

basically the Lower fairing on the 1100 won't be there just the tail and the upper fairing showing off the polished engine mod im planning

I was thinking along these lines so i don't have to hack up a 600 set of fairings

Comment

Looks like the bolts on the 1100 are WAY different spots than on the 6 ..... Different curve around the tank , too . I don't think that'll work without ALOT of modification ... why not just cut the 600 plastic to get the same effect . I've seen that before in person , and it's kinda cool .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I won't say it CAN'T be done, because ANYTHING can be done, but....LOT'S of manufacturing and it still doesn't look right. Between weighing heat from headers melting plastic and proper location and angle for the point of the lower cowl, even bracketing becomes complex. I'm trying the same thing now with both bikes in the garage. The only part that was resonably painless was the rear fairing, however drilling the frame and making brackets is still involved and I had to use the 1100 seat and modify the pan. Gave up on the front and side fairings. Went "naked" from the footpegs forward and went with a circle headlight and custom cluster assembly. I have the fairings if you need them though....but wouldn't recomend it.

Comment

They look WAY different. Is the upper cowling 2 pieces?

Luckily I have a bunch of pre98 stuff in my laundry room....

-Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

we took it off as one peice, but if i remember right, it split like the 750 around the windsheild..

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk
              ...basically the Lower fairing on the 1100 won't be there just the tail and the upper fairing showing off the polished engine mod im planning...
              Except for the polished motor, yu just re-designed the Bandit 1200! Get a B12 and polish the motor on it, save yourself alot of time and effort.
              "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Working...
              X