X

neon mounting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neon mounting

here is how i mounted my neons. this is also the picture of the converter i used to do so. i simply cut off the lighter plug and hooked it up to the battery. the back light is a 10" light tube that measures 17" in length, and the front ones are 9" light tube that measure 11" in length.
    if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

So Steve, do they sell both lengths, or just the long one?
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

the long one. i got the other from a buddy who worked at best buy, got me the hookup.

Comment

Sweet, I'll send you another PM
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Think those will stand up to the abuses of the road? What would look sweet is taking individual LED's and mounting them in the wheel wells or the front pieces. No tube nothing. Without em on, you probably wouldn't see them!
          I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane

Comment

i mounted my leds and the only ones you can really see are the ones in the rear IF the shovel was removed otherwise you really do not see them unless they are on or you are looking for them
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

they hold up pretty well as long as they don't hit your tire (i didn't think of that when i mounted them). but the front ones are pretty bright, i can really see them in the reflection of cars in front of me. leds are pretty slick. i want some more to put in the side fairings.

Comment

z- are they not that bright?

Comment

no they are bright why?

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
                    i mounted my leds and the only ones you can really see are the ones in the rear IF the shovel was removed otherwise you really do not see them unless they are on or you are looking for them
                    Sounds nice. I think it looks classy when people do a lot of indirect lighting.
                    I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane

Comment

Looks to me like that one right behind the front wheel is in a good spot to get a rock kicked up into it . The back one is exactly the same way mine is , though . My front one was mounted up under the headlight area , 2 little 6" tubes , I believe .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                        Looks to me like that one right behind the front wheel is in a good spot to get a rock kicked up into it . The back one is exactly the same way mine is , though . My front one was mounted up under the headlight area , 2 little 6" tubes , I believe .
                        That is kind of how I mounted mine in the front. That location was different than i thought once the lights went out. When you do the mounting I put mine on with tape first turned out the lights and seen if it was the right location for maximum effect.

Comment

like i said before, i've had good luck with those lights in those spots. the only thing that i have run into is trying to clean them to keep them bright. thats all. but yea, just make sure that if you put lights there, then you dont' interfere with either wheel, especially the front or you are setting yourself up to get F*ed up.

Comment

I had neons under my bike but they didnt last more then 2 months, then I put LEDs in and they are so much better. They have been working since the beginig of last season. No more neons on my bike.

Comment

If anyone likes LED ground effects, we have a new brand that is KICK BUTT!!! We got them in today and I'll tell you, they are so bright, I had to see them to believe them. Plus, they have eight lighting adjustments, from dim to bright. They are the best made LED Kits we have come across.

The pictures can't do these things justice at all! Totally amazing what is coming out these days!
                              If you're not on a SpeedWerks bike, you're probably behind one.

www.speedwerks.com

Comment

Working...
                              X