X
X

Body Parts (fairings) Differences between the years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just wondering about fairing kits. My main question is, I haven't found any fairing kits that come with the gas tank cover and im wondering, does the gas tank on Kat's non interchangeable with fairing kits (the plastic cover that would be removed and replaced)?

Comment

• There isn't a plastic cover on a KAT tank, it's all steel.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Alright thats what I was assuming after seeing them. So then essentially you would have to paint your tank if you wanted it a different color or pattern?

Comment

• Yes
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Alright that makes things a lot better haha! Thanks man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy32 View Post
              Alright that makes things a lot better haha! Thanks man!
              It is a steel tank, there is no cover! So if you buy one of those "china" made plastic kits, you either have to paint tank to match or get a kit that matches the tank.
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

• 1999 katana

Sorry for the noob question. I have a 99 katana and I just purchased the fairing kit from China, the only thing is that the tail is 2003. I'm on eBay right now ready to purchase the 03-06 tail light but my question is:

Is the wire behind the 2003 tail light (the one you connect to the motorcycle) compatible with my 99 motorcycle? Because it looks kinda different. Please forgive the rookie question but I do thank you in advance for helping me out.

Comment

• Originally posted by djmikemic750 View Post
                  Sorry for the noob question. I have a 99 katana and I just purchased the fairing kit from China, the only thing is that the tail is 2003. I'm on eBay right now ready to purchase the 03-06 tail light but my question is:

Is the wire behind the 2003 tail light (the one you connect to the motorcycle) compatible with my 99 motorcycle? Because it looks kinda different. Please forgive the rookie question but I do thank you in advance for helping me out.
                  the lights are the same, but the plugs may be different forcing you to cut and splice manually

Comment

Working...
                  X