X
X

Body Parts (fairings) Differences between the years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok...I read this ENTIRE thread and it has not answered my question. I have a 2000 750. I purchased one of those chinese body kits, but they only had the 03+ (found out AFTER I paid for it). So I thought, no big deal, I'll upgrade to the newer body. My question concerns the tail light. Is the tail light bracket the same from 99-02 and 03-06? Or do I need to modify it to accept the 03-06 tail light? I checked www.cheapcycleparts.com and the 99-02 bracket comes with the taillight so no part number to compare (from what I can see anyway).
    Last edited by muddblood; 04-15-2014, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by muddblood View Post
      ok...I read this ENTIRE thread and it has not answered my question. I have a 2000 750. I purchased one of those chinese body kits, but they only had the 03+ (found out AFTER I paid for it). So I thought, no big deal, I'll upgrade to the newer body. My question concerns the tail light. Is the tail light bracket the same from 99-02 and 03-06? Or do I need to modify it to accept the 03-06 tail light? I checked www.cheapcycleparts.com and the 99-02 bracket comes with the taillight so no part number to compare (from what I can see anyway).
      The bracket is not the same, buy a bracket or a tail light with the bracket off ebay.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• katana air guide plate

what does the air guide plate actually do...anything? is it connected to anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by jamivuolo View Post
          what does the air guide plate actually do...anything? is it connected to anything?

? Well, it has 2 points at the oil cooler that it's held in place by. The other end is free to lift up for ease of access to the engine.

It's a heat shield and as the name describes, an air guide. It helps to prevent the heat from the engine cooking the fuel tank and wires.

If you have one, I would suggest you use it. There isn't even a small reason to remove it. If you don't have one, I wouldn't say it's necessary to purchase in most locations unless your already dealing with heat issues like boiling the gas tank or things of that nature. If you ride in excessive heat locations, it certainly will help you out.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            ? Well, it has 2 points at the oil cooler that it's held in place by. The other end is free to lift up for ease of access to the engine.

It's a heat shield and as the name describes, an air guide. It helps to prevent the heat from the engine cooking the fuel tank and wires.

If you have one, I would suggest you use it. There isn't even a small reason to remove it. If you don't have one, I wouldn't say it's necessary to purchase in most locations unless your already dealing with heat issues like boiling the gas tank or things of that nature. If you ride in excessive heat locations, it certainly will help you out.

Krey
            Where is it actually right under the headlight? i just hit a deer saturday had my kat for two days a hit a deer makes me sad but yes just not sure about where is it thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by jamivuolo View Post
              Where is it actually right under the headlight? i just hit a deer saturday had my kat for two days a hit a deer makes me sad but yes just not sure about where is it thanks!

It's a rubber mat, hooks over the oil cooler lines at the top of the cooler, and lays over the top of the engine. It's only found on 750s.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Comment

• fairing swap?

Okay I'm pretty sure it can be done I'm just looking for some wise words from ppl on here. I love my kat but I'm not a fan of the headlight and wanna swap fairings for the gsxf 650 .. pretty much giving me the gsxr headlight. How extreme is that going to be ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ezbikz08 View Post
                  Okay I'm pretty sure it can be done I'm just looking for some wise words from ppl on here. I love my kat but I'm not a fan of the headlight and wanna swap fairings for the gsxf 650 .. pretty much giving me the gsxr headlight. How extreme is that going to be ?

Extensive. Will include welding/cutting. Not going to be a simple mod.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

• Originally posted by Special K View Post
                    The tail sections from the 03-06 models will FIT the 98-02 models, but they require a different tail light and should use the rear under fender from the 03-06 models as well to fit right. This mod also requires a small flat plastic spacer piece under the tail which was not needed on the 98-02 models.
                    Hi,
                    I'm tempted into switching tails, searched diagrams of OEM parts and it seems like both models, i.e 600 98-02 and 750 03-06 have the same underfender, OE part number being 63111-08FB0-291, so what does the OP mean by having to use an under fender from a 03-06?

And what's that flat plastic spacer? any pics? can it be substituted with any spacer or is it specific in shape?

Found this set of rear plastics including the tail light in the exact same color of my bike for just under 50 euros .. what else would I need to retrofit them to my 600 2000?

Grateful for any help!

Comment

• New tail for a 1992 katana

Hi, i have a 1992 Katana 750 and i am looking to make it in to a street fighter and am woundering if a 09-11 gsxr 1000 tail will fit? any help will be appritated!

Comment

• Originally posted by jessereid View Post
                        Hi, i have a 1992 Katana 750 and i am looking to make it in to a street fighter and am woundering if a 09-11 gsxr 1000 tail will fit? any help will be appritated!

I...

I suppose if your going to modify the bike, you can make anything fit. Otherwise, NO... it's a completely different bike.

Motorcycles are NOT legos.

:

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Comment

• Just to confirm.. I can interchange the 2002 katana 600 fairings with the 750 or vise versa with out a problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by Skylarking View Post
                            Just to confirm.. I can interchange the 2002 katana 600 fairings with the 750 or vise versa with out a problem?
                            correct

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

• does gsxr fairing fit on katana?

Comment

• No sir.
                                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                                spammer police
                                USAF veteran
                                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                                X